Pets In Dubai

Topic locked
Pets in Dubai Jun 25, 2006
Is pet keeping popular in Dubai ? ... dogs and cats mainly ?

Also are there many shops that sell aquarium fish, etc ...I've heard that some of the markets/soux especially in Sharjah have exotic pets for sale at times :?

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 25, 2006
there are pets offcource, but not as popular as other countries, i myself own a tortoise :D, fish and aquariums are probably easiest, there are 2 shops walking distance from my home that sell them.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
Could you please posts the shop names and addy's Arso3 ?? thanks for that :)
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 25, 2006
I want to get a Himalayan Cat, similar to Mr. Jinx.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 25, 2006
KeithL wrote:Could you please posts the shop names and addy's Arso3 ?? thanks for that :)

sure, i'll get u their numbers and addres, theyre really small tho :P, there was a great pet shop huge, at oasis center, but the whole mall burned down, and the animals died :(
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 26, 2006
Damn...poor little things :(
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Pets in Dubai Jun 26, 2006
KeithL wrote:Is pet keeping popular in Dubai ? ... dogs and cats mainly ?

Also are there many shops that sell aquarium fish, etc ...I've heard that some of the markets/soux especially in Sharjah have exotic pets for sale at times :?

Yes and also many pets which have been stolen from their owners for unscrupulous dealers to make money off of! I wouldn't get any animal from these places.

If you want a dog or cat go to K9 Friends or Feline Friends and take on an abandoned animal which in all likelyhood has been thrown out by it's previus owner who decided to leave the country and couldn't be bothered to take the animal with them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Pets in Dubai Jun 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
KeithL wrote:Is pet keeping popular in Dubai ? ... dogs and cats mainly ?

Yes and also many pets which have been stolen from their owners for unscrupulous dealers to make money off of! I wouldn't get any animal from these places.

If you want a dog or cat go to K9 Friends or Feline Friends and take on an abandoned animal which in all likelyhood has been thrown out by it's previus owner who decided to leave the country and couldn't be bothered to take the animal with them.

Hear Hear! Listen to Chocs! My pup is a K9 Friends rescue dog and you could not want a more beautiful and loving pet.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 26, 2006
Good for you DK! What kind of pup?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Pets in Dubai Jun 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:

Best 2 pieces of advice above: 1) get a pet from K9 Friends or Feline Friends or 2) unless you will (not plan) take the pet with you when you leave, go to the toy store and buy a toy dog or cat!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Pets in Dubai Jun 27, 2006
Concord wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Best 2 pieces of advice above: 1) get a pet from K9 Friends or Feline Friends or 2) unless you will (not plan) take the pet with you when you leave, go to the toy store and buy a toy dog or cat!

Absolutey Concourd, good advice
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Good for you DK! What kind of pup?

He is a cross between a black lab and a pointer...a total wuss, and total big softie and adorable! He is a wonderful house dog and loves everyone. You could not want a more gentle dog.

Luv him!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jul 16, 2006
Hey guys...

I have a 5 year old male bullmastiff & am looking for a mate!..
He's adorable & quite friendly.

Any1 with a dog in the same category or breed looking to get mated kindly post back with details.
I live in Bur Dubai so close proximity around burdubai,karama,satwa,jumeirah would be ideal. But nevertheless post..

Cheers.
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2006
silhouette wrote:Hey guys...

Any1 with a dog in the same category or breed looking to get mated kindly post back with details.
I live in Bur Dubai so close proximity around burdubai,karama,satwa,jumeirah would be ideal. But nevertheless post..

Cheers.

Your post is typical of someone who knows nothing about dogs.

Yes i do know what i am talking about, i have breed and shown Golden Retrievers to Show Champion and Champion standards.

A dog is a dog - it is not a male

A princess is the female equivilent.

Dogs are not categorised by categories they are refered to by BREED.

Your post insinuates you are even considering "cross breeding". This happens in the wild/natural or by owners that basically dont give a shit.

Responsible "breedeers" ensure that both animals are inoculated and a breeding line should be established to concur important things like TEMPERMENT.

Bullmastifs are a breed that needs careful selection because of the uncertainty regarding temperment, this is vital especially if the pups are to be placed in homes with children.
arniegang

Jul 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:
silhouette wrote:Hey guys...

Cheers.

Your post is typical of someone who knows nothing about dogs.

Yes i do know what i am talking about, i have breed and shown Golden Retrievers to Show Champion and Champion standards.

A dog is a dog - it is not a male --- ARE YOU DUMB TO WRITE THIS ARNIEGANG????

A princess is the female equivilent. ---- IGNORANCE AGAIN I SEE PEA BRAINED ARN!

Dogs are not categorised by categories they are refered to by BREED.

Your post insinuates you are even considering "cross breeding". This happens in the wild/natural or by owners that basically dont give a shit.

Responsible "breedeers" ensure that both animals are inoculated and a breeding line should be established to concur important things like TEMPERMENT.

Bullmastifs are a breed that needs careful selection because of the uncertainty regarding temperment, this is vital especially if the pups are to be placed in homes with children.

Noone asked wht you were talikn abut in the first place! :idea:

I mentioned male dog in my post But I guess your heads buried so deep in your ass thats it's already covered full of shit! Poo comes out thus!

NEXT TIME you think someones less educated on a topic i suggest you grow up and educate instead of ridiculing them on whatever.

Crossbreeding too produces normal dogs not products like you, so I suggest keep your wise cracks to yourself if
you can't really help. And regarding temperment ther's sumthing called a distemper injection you need to get which is usually givin to dogs. It would help you better adapt & clear ur head of poo!

NEXT TIME READ POSTS CLEARLY AFTER CLEANNG YOUR EYES & BRAIN FROM THE POO YOU'RE IN!. :!: Read again where I mentioned, any1 with a dog in the same category or breed!..

P.S. I have always seen a trend on most posts by the same sad pathetic losers (some are even moderators or ppl with 1000 post of crap!) who tend to always deviate & jump to their own silly conclusions. I reall feel sorry for you poor dumb souls. God bless ya all.! Gudluck postin yur gibberish hereafter.. :lol:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum