Need Help! Regarding The New Employment..

Topic locked
Need Help! regarding the new employment.. Feb 11, 2008
Dear All,

I have a question regarding the employment ban. Last year, I have worked with an employer (on an engineer visa) in Dubai for the period of 2 weeks only. During my 2 weeks stay, I got my residence visa affixed on my passport. After that, I left the country for some reason, and couldn’t join them back and later on sent my resignation. Before I left the country, my employer asked me to sign the contract paper. I signed the contract without having a copy of that contract, because I was going for an emergency leave and wanted to join them back but unfortunately, I could not come back. My employer warned me that if I don’t show up they could treat me as an absconded, and they could also put a one year ban on me within a UAE.

Almost 10 months have passed since I left the country. The residence visa is still shows on my passport and it has not been cancelled yet. Last month, I stopped over at Dubai on a visit visa (got 60 days entry upon arrival) without any immigration difficulty.

Now, I want to come back to Dubai and work for another employer. My question is can I work with the new employer without the cancellation of my residence visa? Or Do I need to contact my previous employer and cancel the visa first? I have heard about 6 months ban which I already have completed.

Any advice or assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

fanoos
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum