Moving To Dubai With My Girlfriend

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai with my girlfriend Dec 31, 2007
How do folks?

Myself and the girlfriend plan to move to Dubai in early May. We hope to stay for about a year. Thing is, I have seen in another post that in order for a couple to live together they need to be married. Now we aint married and I don't plan on getting down on one knee for the sake of a year in Dubai so can anybody clear this one up for me please??

Is it possibble to rent an apartment if a couple are not married?

Should we tell people that we are married even though we are not?

What if we are caught living together and we are not married? Will I end up having some part of my anatomy choped off :( ?

Any advice or past experiences would be great.

Thanks

Big_D
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 01, 2008
Search search search. Use the search button. This topic has bee covered and you will find all you need to know. :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2008
Short answers - not to be taken as advice. Opinion only. I am not a lawyer, policeman, or any other authority. Legally you are not supposed to be in the same room or car with a member of the opposite gender unless related or married to them.

1. Yes, usually rent in one name. Say you're married if asked.
2. Depends who. Anything red tape (unless marriage certificate required) - yes. Pub with mates no. Policeman asking for marriage licence - you're probably in some other trouble it won't matter.
3. No. Unmarried couples when caught are usually given option of short jail sentence or lifetime sentence, sorry I meant getting married.

Advice

Don't annoy neighbours. Don't have sex in a public place. Eat your vegetables.

XPClone wrote:Search search search.

The best advice. In case you can't find it - click search
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum