***Moving To Dubai Need Help ****

Topic locked
***Moving to Dubai need help **** Jul 16, 2006
HI guyz, am moving to dubai next month and i need to know wot are all the things i need to carry along wen i mov in, am from India.

Since this is my first time an travelling out of my own country i do not know wot r all the things i can carry in the plane also,

if any of u can tell me wot r all the things i can carry in plane and any other advice

plzz guyz :(

thnx in advance

gump
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 19, 2006
no reply :? :(
gump
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 19, 2006
gump
depends on if you have been provided accomodation...and if it is furnished...and are you coming with family or alone...and have you been given a relocation allowance....
if the answers to most of them are NO...then do not bring anything but the luggage limit and only whats essential...
if the answer to most of them is YES...then find an international mover that would give you a good price per boxes...or pay the excess baggage...

most household items are pretty cheap here and comparable to the retail prices in india...i am talking about iron/washing machines/TV/fridge/electronic appliances...
hope this helps
cheers
me
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 24, 2006
I have a few sugestions of things you should not take on the plane some are probably quite obvious but hey here I go :lol:

No Sharp items such as kitchen knives, scissors, potato pealers etc
No televisions bigger that 15" unless you can stowe them in the overhead locker, you may be able to put them in the hold thogh, I have never asked.
You must not carry stow aways, although this may be fun its also very dangerous, you may put the stow aways life at danger so please dont carry them.
You must not carry fridges as they have pressurised gas bottles full of refrigarent that may go bang at altitude.
No guns, guns are bad so should not be taken on planes.
No drugs you will probably get longer for carrying drugs than guns???
No fruit (don't know why)
No Farm yard animals unless you have the relivant permits from the the relivant authorities. (I made this mistake not once but twice)
I would try not to bring anything in a pressurised container as it may explode.
I will not mention the obvious at that is just sick!!
Best of all bring your self and be happy. You only get one life live it, get all the stuff you need here. 8)
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 25, 2006
tanx guyzz.
gump
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum