KIWI TEACHER MOVING TO UAE INFORMATION NEEDED

Topic locked
KIWI TEACHER MOVING TO UAE INFORMATION NEEDED Aug 14, 2007
Hello all,
My wife and I are going to move to Dubai in the next few months (hopefully). I am applying for a job through an agency and hope this is the best idea. Was wanting any information from other people and especially teachers that are currently working in Dubai Teaching, about general living and anything else you can tell me.
We cant wait to come over and experience somthing new.

Rhys.
New Plymouth NZ

PIECE
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 16, 2007
Hello
we are also a kiwi family thinking of moving to Dubai to teach. Secondary level. We would love to hear how you get on, and if we all end up there, to meet up sometime! Our concern is if the teachers wages are big enough to support a family, (we have two school aged children and education is very expensive). The wages do not sound that big and even though accommodation is covered, it would be hard to go from a spacious kiwi section to a small, stuffy apartment. Wish we could see photos first!!! Setting up from scratch would cost a bit too. Have you ever visited Dubai or worked abroad? Does your wife teach too? Hope you get some helpful replies to your post!
:)
downunder4
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 17, 2007
Agency? Job agencies here don't usually do teaching jobs. European Council of International Schools is one based in Switzerland I think that has int'l jobs. Search Associates is another one, can't remember where based.

Accommodation here is expensive if you have to pay for it yourself, astonishingly so compared to anywhere outside Auckland. Villas can be just as spacious as NZ though. If you have kids, apartment living isn't great.

Education also expensive but some schools give teacher discounts, or free. This information may be useful for you...

Teaching in Dubai information
list of schools in the UAE
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum