Input Needed: Migrating From USA, Job Offer Anticipated

Topic locked
Input needed: Migrating from USA, job offer anticipated Oct 19, 2006
Hi Everyone:

I am expecting an offer letter from a leading MNC (world leader in telecom/networking gear) for the position of software development manager in Dubai.

The job requirements are Masters degree in Comp. Science with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the telecom and networking area. I've cleared the technical and soft-skills interview and am expecting the final call from their HR department.

I'm sure to be asked of expected salary and benefits in my next meeting with HR, and I would like to get your input on whether my expectations are reasonable. I am a US citizen, living in the US, and my family consits of wife and 3 kids.

I'm thinking along the lines of (all amounts in UAE Dirahms):
Paid relocation from the USA (pack and ship stuff, temp. accomodation, etc.)
Basic Salary 30,000 per month
Accommodation 10,000 per month
Transport Allowance 4000/month (Car &gas)
Utilities: 1250/month (water, elec. phone)
Education Allowance: upto 10,000/child per year
Private medical health: ???
Starting service benefit (aka signing bonus): ???
Vacation Allowance: Annual air tix for family to USA

Would you please let me know if the above is either too conservative or optimistic?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
-Ze Sheriff :)

Sheriff
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 19, 2006
The accomodation allowance is a bit low for 3 kids and a wife. Especially if you want to live around Dubai Internet City.

Also 10K per child per year for education will not cover your educational costs if they are to attend an international school. 15K-20K is more reasonable.

Good luck !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum