HELP! - SPIDERS AND MOZZIES IN THE SPRINGS????

Topic locked
HELP! - SPIDERS AND MOZZIES IN THE SPRINGS???? Nov 03, 2008
Hi - this is a bit daft as I'm moving to a tropical country but I am terrified of spiders and get bitten to death by mozzies - there are some stories out there about there being insect and spiders around a lot more in emirates hills as it's so green and am concerned both for me and for my cats. If you live there would really appreciate knowing if it's true as I'll go for a less green area if there's a problem
thanks so much

HPSHPS
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 12, 2008
Anybody who has any info on this - i wuld be Very interested to hear as well...
I am in the same boat and moving to Dubai in 2 weeks and have THE BIGGEST, TERRIBLE, IRRATIONAL fear of spiders...
What is the craic with Spiders in Dubai???
Evestar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 12, 2008
Oh geez, there are spiders everywhere! Mozzies congregate where there is water. Get some zappers, repellent candles etc etc. Not much you can do about it really.

I have horrendous reactions to mozzie bites, so just load up on Antihistamines and carry them with me.

Just be thankful that there aren't many poisonous species here unlike in Oz. Apart from the odd Scorpion, Camel spider, Redback.

I'd be more worried about the roaches, they get everywhere and there's no avoiding the little buggers.

If you don't like bugs, go live in a perspex box somewhere. Suck it up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum