Help!!! -my Dog

Topic locked
help!!! -my dog Oct 11, 2005
Help, i`ve been offered a job in Dubai and have accepted but i really don`t know whether or not to take my Siberian husky, she is used to tropical weather, being born in Brazil but i don`t know how she`d cope with the heat in Dubai.

Does anyone know of any Huskies in Dubai?

I don`t want to be cruel and take her if she`d be uncomfortable in the heat.

If i do decide to take her, is it easy enough to find a dog walker? How much do they charge?

Are dog kennels ok, how much do they charge?

thanks

rio_chick
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 11, 2005
Hello, Well my animals were used to living in the UK and they cope really well, I've seen some Huskies and Malamutes here, they just take a while to adjust. There's lots to go through when bringing your pet out, you need jabs and import and export licences but it's all pretty straight forward.

Many maid will walk dogs, and you can log onto Dubai kennels for info, they're very good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: help!!! -my dog Oct 11, 2005
There are dogs of all kinds here, but what I think will be more of a problem than the weather will be the lack of large, "countryside" areas for your pup to go for a big run in. Dogs aren't allowed in public parks, nor - as far as I know - on beaches, though you do sometimes see them there.

The only/best place I know of is around near Nad Al Sheba where there is a shaded pony track about 1km long you can walk dogs down, next to a wasteland where they can run about a bit. But it's far from lovely, rabbit-infested forest or rolling green grassy hills, or big open playing fields etc.

My personal opinion is that you should weigh up how distressing it would be for the dog if you left it with friends/relatives vs how long you really think you are likely to stay here. It can also be very expensive to bring a dog over. You might be better off waiting at least six weeks/three months - see how you like it here - then sending for your pup.

Good luck anyway - it's a very difficult decision either way.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum