Help A Brother Will You....

Topic locked
Help a brother will you.... Aug 12, 2007
My time to ask for help.

As some of you already know or will soon discovered the forum is run by the Gaspato. Some people are busier placing language "filters", editing and deleting posts, and just being wankers.

Well, I've got many usernames but I need a few "unscrambled" and in far out places (my sisters is traveling in Somoa and setting up an account).

Here is my plan, I want a few more IP addresses from far and away locales so the "powers that be" at DF do not trace them. Some mods delight in telling the new young girls on the forum about "inside information".

So here is the plan,

Set up an "username" for me from your local (different IP) pm it to me with the password and I take it from there. I want to disguise myself as

1. Teenage or 20 something women (to catch the perverts)
2. An important local - you'll be suprised as to the a$$ kissers
3. A peaceful person (but not too obviously indian)
4. An angry muslim
5. A sensitive person

so please pm me with the new usernames and will have fun. I'll let you know what name to use so you can "play along".

Thanks in advance.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
You need only concern yourself with point 3, I have the other 4 covered.

really, muffing an IP address is easy as, which is why I tend to laugh at the wild accusations that I 'x' because the post from DIC or wherever.

The mods should really think outside the box.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 12, 2007
^ian^ wrote:You need only concern yourself with point 3, I have the other 4 covered.

really, muffing an IP address is easy as, which is why I tend to laugh at the wild accusations that I 'x' because the post from DIC or wherever.

You too :shock: :shock:

Just messing about! I've got so many pm's on the "female" user names it is pretty sad.

Come to think of it maybe there are only a few DF members, you, me, fayz, jeevan, bleakus, Sage, arniegang and the alter egos...

*arniegang scrambling* *sage still clueless*...

Well them be the brakes...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:You need only concern yourself with point 3, I have the other 4 covered.

Just messing about! I've got so many pm's on the "female" user names it is pretty sad.

Come to think of it maybe there are only a few DF members, you, me, fayz, jeevan, bleakus, Sage, arniegang and the alter egos...

I wouldn't even say there were that many. For instance, now that Jeevan is leaving, we have come to an 'arrangement'.

Ad Fayz? Well, let's just say I pay a small retainer each month into his bank account... ;-)
^ian^

Aug 12, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:

I wouldn't even say there were that many. For instance, now that Jeevan is leaving, we have come to an 'arrangement'.

Ad Fayz? Well, let's just say I pay a small retainer each month into his bank account... ;-)

You are right about Jeevan. I told him it would be fun to have a "communal" password and he agreed. He gave it to me (well after 7 shots). check your inbox the password is there (funny thing, he had the same password for all five usernames).

p.s. in all fairness he said I had to share it with each of you.

BTW, sorry St. Lucifer but I did not mentioned you but you are another of the few members...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
Just get an extra dial-up connection. Your IP will change every time you connect.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 13, 2007
gtmash wrote:Just get an extra dial-up connection. Your IP will change every time you connect.

It's even easier using my little desktop buddy. Just one click, and boof, I',m posting from a different IP.

Edit: I will add, using different dial ups only changes your IP to another in the UAE. I can seemingly post from anywhere in the world, with just a click.
^ian^

Aug 13, 2007
gtmash wrote:Just get an extra dial-up connection. Your IP will change every time you connect.

what gave you the idea i want to spend a fil?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2007
Concord wrote:

I don't have a home phone line anyway... never saw the need.
^ian^

Aug 13, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:

I don't have a home phone line anyway... never saw the need.

I got it becuase it costs something like 15 dhs per month. And I have a need for it: to call my mobile so I can find it inside my place! It is really the only use but it has proven useful!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2007
But you can't get broadband without having a home phone line, right? Or am I missing something?
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2007
jayzed wrote:But you can't get broadband without having a home phone line, right? Or am I missing something?

Those of us 'lucky' enough to have DU connections do not require a phone line for internet as it is delivered straight to an ethernet point within the premises.

A phone line is only required for ADSL.
^ian^

Aug 20, 2007
But if you have an Etisalat connection?
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2007
jayzed wrote:But if you have an Etisalat connection?

Then you only have a subset of the interweb anyway, but yes, you do need a phoneline for that.

eVision... not so sure.
^ian^

Aug 20, 2007

i have alShamil connection with etisalat and no home phone!!!
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 20, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:

i have alShamil connection with etisalat and no home phone!!!

That's the other one, yes.

For ADSL you require a phoneline, that is all.
^ian^

Aug 20, 2007
How come? When I try to apply for an Alshamil connection, Etisalat wants to know my home phone number.
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum