Guys…..need Your Vision ASAP!

Topic locked
Guys…..need your vision ASAP! Jan 15, 2007
thakns to all-withdrwan

Mikekiwi
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 15, 2007
Mike i work for an aussie construction recruitment company out here- and the package you have quoted seems to be slightly above the market rate at the moment - your basic salary is quite good.

Whether it is the right move for you or not will depend on how much schooling is going to cost for your kids - and whether you can find accomodation to your liking within that allowance - though keep in mind accomodation in sharjah is cheaper than Dubai.

At the end of the day it is a good package for the UAE - whether it will be worthwhile you coming out here in the end depends what sort of money you are making at the moment, and whether your family are happy with the move too.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Guys…..need your vision ASAP! Jan 15, 2007
See comments in Red

Mikekiwi wrote:Dear all ,
I just had an offer from a construction company and need your feed back?
Personal details,
Family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 teens)
Civil engineer /construction, 25 year experience
New Zealander
A good lifestyle, have big house, boat, clubs, blab bla bla…love life and living good
Wife, Civil eng as well but time for rest and retire so she will join me as a housewife and as an account advisor....(^___^)

Offer,
Basic 30,000AED/month - Good
AED 14,000 / month for accommodation, food and utilities - Very good for Sharjah
Car 4wd to be provided by company + expenses. I will pay petrol, not expensive in UAE I guess. - Dhs 100/- per 450km
40,000 AED furniture – one off payment - Reasonable will have to add some 20k
up to 40,000 AED /year for school fees - Reasonable will have to add 10-20k if stay in Sharjah
Private medical insurance for self and family - Good should be BUPA Gold
30 working day-Annual leave - Average presume paid
Return tickets economy class for the whole family /year - Average
, I really need your comment

NB, a big glass of Beer and wine(depends) will be offered to all replies? when see u guys in Dubai…
BY THE WAY, the job in Sharja not Dubai….title is project and construction manager-UK firm

Looking forward to your relies

CHEERS

Good Luck,

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 16, 2007
Cheerio Guys…seems wine and beers will be offered soon!

I agreed the offer and school fees to be paid by firm for both kids up to 60K AED

Last Q:
The last page of offer reads

“This offer is made subject to us being able to process your visa and employment procedures, should this be needed.”

Would you please explain this paragraph? Visa + employment procedures…etc
I send a scanned copy of my passport. Do I need to ask them to send the work visa or else for my entry and before tickets booking or I can enter UAE under (which) visa and they will follow up or what? And do I need to book one way or return ticket…

Regards to all
Mikekiwi
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 16, 2007
The last sentence means that should there be a problem with the visa (after checking your credentials, blood test, etc.) the "offer" will not be valid as you would be unable to work in the UAE. Standard stuff.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum