Getting Cash To Dubai... Limit?

Topic locked
getting cash to Dubai... limit? Aug 26, 2006
Hey folks,

what's the limit if I wanna get cash to Dubai from abroad?

Thanks!

cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2006
none that i know of, private investors bring litrally millions in all the time to invest in the property market. i suggest you get hold of arniegang, one the modorators as he is far more informed on this subject than myself
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 26, 2006
Technically there is no limit via bank transfer.

Cash is a different ball game. Personally i would say anything in excess of 30,000 Dhs going through the Airport is the borderline amount before they start asking serious questions.

To use a moneymover with banks like Lloyds/HSBC etc you need to have a account obviously, which you can only have if you are a resident.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 26, 2006
You don't need money in Dubai almost everything is free.

Like arnie said, "cash" in large amounts may not be ok. With internet banking you rarely even need to go to the bank (other than to open your account).

If you need room to store the cash send it to me (I'll even give you a receipt).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2006
The only thing they do at the airport is to check for fake currency, otherwise they don't have a problem with the ammount.

Regards,
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 26, 2006
Personally, I never understand people carrying large amounts of cash around, it's silly and then people wonder why it gets stolen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Personally, I never understand people carrying large amounts of cash around, it's silly and then people wonder why it gets stolen.

Sometimes people do not have a choice due to exchange restrictions in their own countries
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum