Fitness

Topic locked
Fitness Sep 21, 2009
Hi,

Wonderin' if anyone can help me out here. I'm kind of a gym addict and as luck has it, my new place has the most crappiest gym in the world. The closest gym I have is Fitness First and it is 25 minutes drive away. I have officially given up on looking for a gym in the area.

I want to buy weights (dumbbells) and try to start working out at my own place. Max weight at my building's gym is 15 Lbs which is a joke. I am planning to purchase dumbbells with plates ranging anywhere from 10-15 lbs each plate. If I can have dumbbells which go up to 80lbs, that would be perfect. Can anybody help me find a place which would sell something like that? or anyone tryin' to get rid of their weights. I'm your guy.

If I don't work out soon enough, I'm going to become skinny... again.

abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2009
try dubizzle for cheap ones and carrefour for a bit semi cheap ones.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2009
Check out Leader Sports (Deira / Karama).. they have quite an array of gym equipment & accessories that will suit your budget.

If you have a big budget, you can check out Raymond sports or fitworx.

I have a bowflex select tech 1090 (up to 90lbs) dumbells which is a real space saver. Kinda weird to handle, but i got used to it. There is also bowflex select tech 552 (up to 55lbs) which are being sold in sun, sand and sports.. and go sports and in that sportshop in Ibn Battuta.

I bought mine in Dubizzle a few months back.. like what xero_ had suggested.

hth
braso
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 14, 2009
try fitness exercises without using machines
picolini
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum