Dubai To Sharjah Commute.

Topic locked
Dubai to Sharjah Commute. Apr 07, 2008
We are moving to Dubai this summer and are looking to live around the Greens / Marina area. My girlfriend has been offered an attractive job at a school located on the Dubai / Sharjah boarder and we were wondering if this would be a feasible commute each day....any feed back on distances / travelling time would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jay7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 07, 2008
Allow 1 to 2 hours each way on Sheikh Zayed / Al Khail / Emirates Rd. Most traffic going in opposite direction but it's still busy, and a long way. Maybe 50 km? Travel further via 611 Road but probably quicker, if it's open all the way.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 09, 2008
Travel every day to Sharjah Airport from Dubai and never have any traffic on Emirates road,

Greens//Marina to SHJ is still a long drive
getanapple
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 09, 2008
getanapple wrote:Travel every day to Sharjah Airport from Dubai and never have any traffic on Emirates road,

No bottleneck at National Paints? I used to do a similar drive and it was quick. I just assumed it was more choked up now. Sorry to OP. Perhaps less than an hour is more accurate then.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 11, 2008
The driving wouldnt be a problem, sitting in traffic jams is a different story. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Jay7
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum