Dubai / Israel - Please Help!!

Topic locked
Dubai / Israel - please help!! Aug 21, 2007
Hi,

I am an avid visitor to Dubai (just got back actually!) We are in the process of looking at buying a home there and hopefully one day moving there - possible by the end of this year.

Today however, I have been offered a job in the UK which involves visits to Israel. I've just been informed that if passport control in Dubai see that my passport has an israel stamp that they wont let me in! Is this true??

The last thing i want is to not be allowed into Dubai - i would be gutted!
Anyone heard owt about this?

Thank you!!!

ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 21, 2007
yeah if you have an isreali stamp on the passport, you wont make it into the U.A.E

sorry bro
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2007
It is absolutely true, you won't be allowed in to any Gulf states with an Israeli stamp.

I've heard you can ask that they stamp a piece of paper and put it in your passport so you can rip it out later, though never having been to Israel I can't verify they'll do it.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 21, 2007
Cr*p!

I just been searching and found that you can ask on arrival in israel that they stamp a piece of paper which you can rip out later and also people that have arrived in Dubai have been let in!!

Oh bugger it! I might have to turn this job down!
ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 21, 2007
I have had to go to Palestine (i.e. Israeli stamp) to do some work before and didn't have a problem, you are right in that Israel will stamp a seperate piece of paper, this is your best bet.

This thread will help,

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=6556

but I actually don't think the UAE cares about Israeli stamps, plus if you decide to live here invest in an egate card, then no one will ever look at your passport.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 22, 2007
Just get the seperate stamp and you'll be fine, no issues.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 22, 2007
yep ask them not to stamp your passport and you'll be ok. i have to visit there for work myself and never had an issue with askin them not to stamp your passport
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 23, 2007
Zoe, if you're British it's fairly easy to get a second passport. Just ask your employer to write a letter stating that you need to travel to Israel and to other parts of the Middle East for work purposes, and you can get a second passport issued no problem.
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2007
they'll let you in, I am sure about it.
tianye
Dubai Forum Visitor

Safety for Children.... Sep 03, 2007
Hello!
Ok, have today been offered a job in Dubai - am now very scared as it has jumped up on me and I didnt think I would get it but very excitied now!!

Question - I have a 16month old little boy - am I doing the right thing by moving him to Dubai? I know it makes sense for him - Great lifestyle, swimming & beach everyday etc etc but probably because I am scared - I keep worrying that something will happen to him, when I live in the UK and it's horrid here!!!

Someone put my mind at rest please !!!!
Thank you xx
ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 20, 2007
ZoeD wrote:I keep worrying that something will happen to him, when I live in the UK and it's horrid here!!!

This has anything to do with Israel?

What are you worried about? Dubai is safer than London in terms of crime, not in terms of traffic.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Safety for Children.... Sep 21, 2007
ZoeD wrote:Hello!
Ok, have today been offered a job in Dubai - am now very scared as it has jumped up on me and I didnt think I would get it but very excitied now!!

Question - I have a 16month old little boy - am I doing the right thing by moving him to Dubai? I know it makes sense for him - Great lifestyle, swimming & beach everyday etc etc but probably because I am scared - I keep worrying that something will happen to him, when I live in the UK and it's horrid here!!!

Someone put my mind at rest please !!!!
Thank you xx

Dubai is one of the safest places in the world to be, what are you scared may happen to him? by the way.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum