Driving License Renewal

Topic locked
Driving License Renewal Jan 09, 2009
Thing is I passed the driving license test when I was 18 ( I've grown up in Dubai) and then had to go abroad for studies. Every time i was here for the summer I had my license renewed without a hassle. Now the problem is that my folks moved to another country for a year and a half and have only recently reruned which meant that my earlier residence Visa was cancelled and i'm on a visit visa. According to a few people i Know since I'm 22 now i'll need a copy of my residence visa to get the 10 year license which is a Pain in the arse since I really cant get a residence visa as I'll be flying out in 2 weeks to attend my final semester. Ok, im rambling, does anyone know, in their experience if a Residence visa is a neccessity for License renewal ? Searched the forum for a while but didn't manage to find a specific post relating to my problem.

klik789
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Driving License Renewal Jan 09, 2009
klik789 wrote:Thing is I passed the driving license test when I was 18 ( I've grown up in Dubai) and then had to go abroad for studies. Every time i was here for the summer I had my license renewed without a hassle. Now the problem is that my folks moved to another country for a year and a half and have only recently reruned which meant that my earlier residence Visa was cancelled and i'm on a visit visa. According to a few people i Know since I'm 22 now i'll need a copy of my residence visa to get the 10 year license which is a Pain in the arse since I really cant get a residence visa as I'll be flying out in 2 weeks to attend my final semester. Ok, im rambling, does anyone know, in their experience if a Residence visa is a neccessity for License renewal ? Searched the forum for a while but didn't manage to find a specific post relating to my problem.

I believe that you must have a residence visa in order to get your D/L renewed, why don't you simply visit Dubai Traffic Police and ask the question?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum