Driving Lessons In Dubai

Topic locked
Driving Lessons in Dubai Mar 11, 2006
Hey there,

I am moving to Dubai at the end of this month from the UK but I don't have a license.

What's the score with driving lessons over there? Any tips/comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rach182
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2006
If you use the search function above this topic has been well covered lately.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 12, 2006
Oh cheers!!
Rach182
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 12, 2006
The gist is you can not learn to drive here effectively because the driving school instrustors are under par-I think it was chocoholic that posted the article and it was funny!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 13, 2006
Oh I can drive, I just haven't got time to take my test here! Plus, I used to drive in Egypt and, believe me, Dubai can't be worse! lol
Rach182
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 15, 2006
In the last week I watched a guy slam into a boat, a driverless car hit a few parked cars and a guy intentionally hit another car-oh, it has been an eye-opener!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2006
Rach182 wrote:Oh I can drive, I just haven't got time to take my test here! Plus, I used to drive in Egypt and, believe me, Dubai can't be worse! lol

As long as you don't drive in Dubai the way you do in Egypt...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2006
Hmmm, it's a real worry actually-if we all went home and drove as close as we do to the car in front I figure there'd be a fair bit of road rage!! This place is phenomenally bad as far as obeying road rules goes and as for just normal courtesy-FORGET IT!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum