Dog Walks

Topic locked
Dog walks Feb 25, 2007
Can anyone recommend places to walk dods off leash. Can you drive out of the city to remote beaches where dogs can swim. We have a labrador in Sydney who spends most of her time in the water.

Marlo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 25, 2007
Dogs are not allowed on beaches. Although I have seen a few. I suppose its like speeding - until you get caught... [I think they will simply ask you to get off the beach] - no experience with it.

Also in the hot months there is no place for them to walk - too damn hot!

Just make sure you have a pool at home!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Thanks Concord. How hot is it early in the morning for a stroll...or am I in denial?
Marlo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 26, 2007
Marlo wrote:Thanks Concord. How hot is it early in the morning for a stroll...or am I in denial?

That's the thing it is hot morning, day, and night. Of course it would be hotter in the midday but hot in the evening and morning. Sun is up really early in summer (as it should). I would say it can be close to 90 F in the morning and evening and 300% humidity. Nevertheless, there are thousands of dogs in Dubai (including 128 in a shelter that need a home - see thread in General).

he/she will love the airconditing! Dogs just do!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Concs, Catboy Dubai FM was talking about K9 on the radio this morning - something about some sort of appeal. Couldn't catch all of it cos of work.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2007
sauron wrote:Concs, Catboy Dubai FM was talking about K9 on the radio this morning - something about some sort of appeal. Couldn't catch all of it cos of work.

Good thing. They need all the press they can get. And then maybe someone will "step-up"...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Thanks for yuor help!
Marlo
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum