Dog Walking

Topic locked
Dog walking Aug 26, 2007
Hi People

We re movin to Dubai in October and bringing our dog.

Just doing some research in where i can walk him ive found out these 2 places

Al Mamzar Park
jebel ali public beach

i believe they can run there am i right? are there anymore places?

Also could someone tell me where abouts they r?

many thanks in advance

emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 27, 2007
ajman beach near archirodon :lol:

i used to take my 2 dogs for swimming there. now i bring them in sharjah al khan canal beach when i know there arent many people there.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2007
can you guys please make sure that the dogs do not go and play with anyone they find on the way, i had dogs wanting to play with me many times and i get scared of them, so you can guess what happened..

I start running away and they run after me for some reason...hahahaha, the owners always laugh at me, its really funny :)
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 28, 2007
That's because running away from a dog is the worst thing you can do. It will instinctively chase wanting to play, it's like a game.

Just stand still and it would go away. Never show an animal you're afraid of it - they smell fear you know!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 28, 2007
ya always keep them on an adjustable leash when people are there. most people here in UAE are dog intolerant for some reason. but if theres no one on the beach (12-1pm in the afternoon is perfect), then you can let them run loose.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 28, 2007
ya always keep them on an adjustable leash when people are there. most people here in UAE are dog intolerant for some reason. but if theres no one on the beach (12-1pm in the afternoon is perfect), then you can let them run loose.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 04, 2007
This map details some parks:
http://www.dubaitourism.ae/Map/default.asp

Basically Mamzar is in Sharjan & Jebel Ali is in..Jebel Ali! They are at two opposite ends of Dubai. Safa Park is also good, its in the middle.Can also try Zabeel, but never been there so can't comment on that.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 04, 2007
hamadl wrote:can you guys please make sure that the dogs do not go and play with anyone they find on the way, i had dogs wanting to play with me many times and i get scared of them, so you can guess what happened..

I start running away and they run after me for some reason...hahahaha, the owners always laugh at me, its really funny :)

I'd be annoyed too if that happened to me.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum