Does Dubai Have Any Dedicated Light Market?

Topic locked
Does Dubai have any dedicated light market? Aug 28, 2009
Hello,

I've looked around - couldn't find a dedicated area for lighting fixtures - side lamps, wall mounts etc.

I checked salahudeen road to find 1-2 shops, checked dragon mart - wasn't satisfactory

I've stayed in other countries before and they had areas dedicated to lighting products and the products were not only from china but all around the world.

Where can I find such an area in Dubai?

One more thing - where can I get good decorative window films ( for home windows)

Thanks a ton!

leoaamro
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 29, 2009
I honestly don't think there is such a thing here, certainly I've never come across one.

You'd have to just check out the lighting sections of home furnishing stores.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Does Dubai have any dedicated light market? Aug 29, 2009
leoaamro wrote:Hello,

I've looked around - couldn't find a dedicated area for lighting fixtures - side lamps, wall mounts etc.

I checked salahudeen road to find 1-2 shops, checked dragon mart - wasn't satisfactory

I've stayed in other countries before and they had areas dedicated to lighting products and the products were not only from china but all around the world.

Where can I find such an area in Dubai?

One more thing - where can I get good decorative window films ( for home windows)

Thanks a ton!

Have you tried the Naif Road area of Deira?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 30, 2009

Isnt that the mobile market? I havent loooked thoroughly but I've never noticed light market as such, where exactly are you talking about?

thanks again both of you!
leoaamro
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 30, 2009
leoaamro wrote:

Isnt that the mobile market? I havent loooked thoroughly but I've never noticed light market as such, where exactly are you talking about?

thanks again both of you!

Naif Rd. and the surrounding area has many different shops, they are only small shops but have huge stocks elsewhere. I am afraid that you will just have to go for a walk in the area.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 05, 2009
sorry for the late reply,
thanks alot for the info!
leoaamro
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum