Degree Verification -UAE

Topic locked
degree verification -UAE Dec 18, 2006
Hi,

Has anyone done this? Currently I confused since there is a new system.
Can someone write a walkthrough on this.

Thanks

mazkot
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 18, 2006
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 18, 2006
Thanks scarlet.. But I think I need to explain further and my situation..

I read in sept 2005 degree verification can be done in empost.. But now there is a new rule. I read it here from one of the post, that it's online now and the process would start at the ministry of labor..

So i'm asking if anyone has tried the new one. I would be flying to dubai this sat and was not planning to look for a job, just for a vacation.. but my sponsor was awarded with a 1 month vacation. so i was asked to watch the house while they are away. so I'm stuck there for about 6 to 7 weeks.

So I just though of trying my luck there. And getting my certificates authenticated here in my country would take 2 months to process since it's the holidays and lots of non working events happenning in January.

thanks again
mazkot
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 20, 2006
Hey - well its no real issue anyway. if you do get a job then it is up to your employer to send off your cerificates for attestation.

If they havent been done in your country prior then it will take longer.

That's all.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 10, 2007
Hey scarlet,

Is it compulsory for the employer to do an attestation? Do you know about the freezone policy for the employer?

Thanks
brian
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 24, 2007
Sorry to hijack this thread. Just a quick question. From what I've read up about it, for the residence visa one has to send in the certified degree related to their job in UAE. Also, depending on position (executive vs. sales guy) the standarts are higher/lower.

Now the quick question. To save myself time going back to embassies and my home country which I left more than a decade ago, would it be sufficient for a technical pre-sales function in the security software sector to send in a CISSP certification ?

Thanks for any responses to this.
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum