A Couple Of General Questions

Topic locked
A couple of general questions Feb 21, 2008
Hi there

I am a 44 year old guy, married with 2 kids, (daughter of 15 and son of 12). We are British, but have been living in Spain for 7 years. We are now considering selling our small businesses here (a beauty salon and a real estate office). We would like to move to the UAE. Can anyone offer any advice or comments on:
a) viability of a 44 year old gaining meaningful employment. (Sales & marketing management or similar)
b) suitability of moving out with 2 teenage kids?

A bit of feedback from you seasoned guys and gals out there would be a great help! At this stage we are openminded about any location within the UAE. My wife has a cousin who has lived in Dubai for more than 20 years, but we would like an "outsiders" perspective!

Thanks in advance

Tony Kinsella

TonyK
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: A couple of general questions Feb 21, 2008
TonyK wrote:a) viability of a 44 year old gaining meaningful employment. (Sales & marketing management or similar)

Lots of jobs here especially in sales and marketing. You are still in your prime at 44 :)

b) suitability of moving out with 2 teenage kids?

probably one of the safest places to raise two teenage kids, but i will leave others who have teenage kids to comment more on that :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: A couple of general questions Feb 21, 2008
MaaaD wrote:probably one of the safest places to raise two teenage kids,

Yes mostly. The downside is kids who drink, have sex, do drugs etc, are more likely to get jail and deportation if caught, than in Europe.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum