Counselling

Topic locked
Counselling Feb 04, 2009
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any counselling courses available for me to learn in Dubai?

jade
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 05, 2009
Don't know.

Maybe start by asking the Ministry of Health, tel. 04 3966000 or GP's offices.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
I am also interested in this subject. I am a counsellor and trainer, and I would like to know if there are any institutions offering counselling training so i can look for work. I would appreciate any recommendatios.
ememe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 02, 2009
Ask a counsellor or counselling clinic. Or try Dubai Healthcare City. Some new universities etc there.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 03, 2009
Thanks Jade. As I have not moved to Dubai yet I don't really know who to contact. And my internet search has not come to much. I e-mailed two universities but got no reply so far. If there is any counsellor here i would love to get in touch.
ememe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 04, 2009
Try one of these. It's not that I know they offer counselling courses, I was just searching through the list for tertiary level institutes that I thought might have something related.

American University in Dubai
American University of Sharjah
British University in Dubai
Dubai Medical College
Gulf Medical College
Harvard Medical School Dubai
Manipal Academy Dubai
Middlesex University Dubai
Wollongong University Dubai
Zayed International College

There's also the Human Relations Institute in Dubai which has counselling and other workshops, which I don't think is quite what you're looking for but they might be able to point you in the right direction. Dr Hamdan, who talks on radio shows, is based there and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 04, 2009
This is very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time!
ememe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Mar 11, 2014
I have been searching for courses on Counselling in Dubai. The one I found is with the Healing Zone. There contact details are email info@thehealingzone.net or mobile 053 7838255. Contact them to see what courses they can offer. Thanks

--- Mar 11, 2014 ---

--- Mar 11, 2014 ---

I have myself been searching for Counselling Courses here in Dubai. The one place I heard has courses is the Healing Zone. There contact details are email info@thehealingzone.net or phone number 053 7838255. Thanks.
GregPaul
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 23, 2014
Hi. I have an advanced diploma in counselling and am looking to work in Dubai. I heard that all therapists need a counselling lisence which you apply for at CDA. But I think they only give you a lisence if you have certain qualifications. Does anyone know if an advanced diploma is accepted there? Or if they are willing to take that on considering you do more training.
eleni
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum