Commuting From Al Ain

Topic locked
Commuting from Al Ain Feb 12, 2008
Hi, I'm new and I am evaluating moving to UAE.
I have visited several times and know about the traffic congestions and head about the prices.
What's your opinion about renting out a house in Al Ain (lower rent) and driving to Jebel Ali Free Zone compared to renting a house in Dubai and wasting time in the traffic? I am married with 2 children.
From what I know a small villa in Al Ain is in the range of 60-80k, is that correct?
What about having a residency in Al AIn (Abu Dhabi) and having a business in Jebel Ali? any conflicts regarding law, permits, etc.?
Hopeful to receive your comments.
Cheers.

Edit: sorry, I posted in the "Expat Forum", could the Mod please move the post in the "General Chat" or most appropriat Forum, thanks.

Stasudedoss
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 12, 2008
Yeah its doable and i know people who do the reverse (work in Al Ain but live in Dubai). But why not consider closer options than Al Ain like Shahama which is around 30 minutes away from Dubai on the way to Abu Dhabi city.

As for residency, your residency will be issued by your company so if your company in Dubai you will have a Dubai residency even if you are "residing" in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 13, 2008
These days, getting across Dubai can be slower than travelling between emirates, depending on route. Al Ain to Jebel Ali could be relatively smooth - the Arabian Ranches and Green Community roundabouts are nightmares I think. Avoid them.

I did the inter-emirate commute for a while and it was fine. Much prefer moving than sitting in a traffic jam.

I'd prefer to live in a city though, rather than in between 2 cities.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum