Buying And Installing Kitchen Appliances

Topic locked
Buying and installing Kitchen appliances Jul 04, 2008
I need to buy and install the following kitchen appliances for a 1 bedroom apartment in International City:
1. Stove (preferably electric + gas combo)
2. Stove Exhaust
3. Gas cylinder
4. Washing machine
5. Fridge

Note that this is a small apartment, so I will need small versions of these.

I need to know the approximate cost of these items. I need to know where I can buy these things and have them DELIVERED and INSTALLED directly to my place. Note that I don't have a car so I want to buy them from ONE place and in a cost effective manner.

Alternatively, if anyone is willing to sell these items and is residing in International City, please let me know.

Also, I am worried about how the stove exhaust would be installed, because there was no visible outlet in the apartment for the exhaust pipe. Anyone have any experience with this?

podracer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 05, 2008
All these appliances are available at Carrefour at very reasonable prices. They will deliver and install within 48 hours.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 05, 2008
Forgot to mention, except for gas cylinders which you have to call any of the gas companies and they will deliver and install a new cylinder and hardware within an hour or two.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 05, 2008
Thanks. I visited Carrefour today and found all those things there. Btw, do you have any contact numbers of gas cylinder suppliers?
podracer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 05, 2008
you had beeter check you sales agreement, i would be very surprised if it says bottled gas is allowed. All emaar, nakheel and DP appartment blocks have this clause.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 06, 2008
Thats not true. I live in a Nakheel development and no such clause at all. But he is right you better check with the management or ask your neighbors what they have.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum