Building Resume By Doing Volunteer Work?

Topic locked
Building Resume by doing volunteer work? Apr 17, 2007
I posted about my inability to find jobs in Dubai since I don't have professional experience or perhaps because I need to be patient and give it a little more time. At any rate, I have a lot of time on my hand, so I'd like to do some volunteer work to occupy my time, and more importantly build my resume.

So obviously, I want to do volunteer work that'll look good on the resume. Does anyone have any suggestions?

msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Building Resume by doing volunteer work? Apr 18, 2007
msafi wrote:I posted about my inability to find jobs in Dubai since I don't have professional experience or perhaps because I need to be patient and give it a little more time. At any rate, I have a lot of time on my hand, so I'd like to do some volunteer work to occupy my time, and more importantly build my resume.

So obviously, I want to do volunteer work that'll look good on the resume. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sure, volunteer to clean my place, drive me to work, cook, etc. I'll give you a good reference.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
This is not funny. It's depressing.
msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Building Resume by doing volunteer work? Apr 18, 2007
msafi wrote:I posted about my inability to find jobs in Dubai since I don't have professional experience or perhaps because I need to be patient and give it a little more time. At any rate, I have a lot of time on my hand, so I'd like to do some volunteer work to occupy my time, and more importantly build my resume.

Ok sorry about my previous post :oops:

Persistence is a good thing.

My recollection is that you are a recent grauate from AUS university, etc.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Why don't you post your qualifications and interests here. Do it without idenfiying yourself by name or phone number.

2. If you want to volunteer, what kind of volunteer work do you want to do? Community stuff? or do you mean "volunteer" as in working for free to gain some experience? If so, in what line of work.

3. Have you ever worked before? If so, doing what?

4. Did you have good grades?

5. Can't you get assistance from AUS University finding you a job or intership somewhere.

Someone in the forum might be able to assist you if they know a bit about you...

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
You're right Concord. It doesn't make sense that I would write this post and expect help before doing the things you mentioned. I'll probably post my CV in the appropriate section of the forum.

BTW, I graduated from Arizona State University, W.P Carey School of Business; ranked 27th in the U.S.
msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum