Attestation V Legalisation I'm Confused???

Topic locked
attestation v legalisation i'm confused??? Nov 21, 2006
Whilst i think my employer has received the necessary documentation to process my visa and complete the verification certificate for myself i have a number of questions concerning my wife.

I will need to sponsor her. will i need our marraige certificate and her birth certificate? will i need the originals attesting or legalising or both ??.The difference in cost is quite a bit as solicitors / notories charge a bomb, so if i can get away with just legalising that would be great!! Do i need any other documents for this or a residents visa?

My wife will be looking for a teaching post. Again does she need education certicates attesting / verifying or both. i found this site which seems to imply just legalisation now?? http://www.integrascreen.com/

Different websites say different things? just trying to save some cash if possible ? might just bring the certificates out with us and see what the employer needs? :? :? :?

rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 21, 2006
Generally speaking documents such as Birth & Marriage should be attested by UAE Embassy in home country and then further legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here in UAE.

Education Certificates need to go through a process of local verification which is generally done by your Employer through the relevant department here in UAE.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 21, 2006
This reminded me I never got my degree cert back from my employer.

Better chase this up now.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum