Any Experience Of The Degree Verification Process?

Topic locked
Any experience of the Degree Verification process? Sep 09, 2010
Hi All,

I’ve been offered a job in Abu Dhabi, and as part of the contract I’ve been asked to complete a Degree Verification Form for IntegraScreen. Part of the form requires me to provide a Barcode number? Does anyone know where I can get the information for this field? I’m currently filling the form outside of UAE in the UK.

Also the verification process looks to produce an identical output as the attesting and legalisation I've had to do on a copy of my degree. Does anyone know why there are two separate processes?

Thank you in advance for help.

andy123
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Any experience of the Degree Verification process? Sep 09, 2010
andy123 wrote:Hi All,

I’ve been offered a job in Abu Dhabi, and as part of the contract I’ve been asked to complete a Degree Verification Form for IntegraScreen. Part of the form requires me to provide a Barcode number? Does anyone know where I can get the information for this field? I’m currently filling the form outside of UAE in the UK.

Also the verification process looks to produce an identical output as the attesting and legalisation I've had to do on a copy of my degree. Does anyone know why there are two separate processes?

Thank you in advance for help.

Hey Andy, I guess I could have provided this info in your first post, but hopefully there will be others who may be able to help you further.

I found this, which was released in the press today. I don't know how helpful it is.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/emplo ... y-1.230676

Do a search for "degree verification program dubai". Apparently the Postal Service in Dubai (Empost) had partnered with IntegraScreen, but that partnership has been discontinued. With the search you will see this as well as where it mentions that the Postal Service no longer does it, but the article released today says that the Postal Services does do it. This is the way things are done here. :)

If you don't get the info you need through other members of the forum you may want to call the UAE Embassy in the UK.

Good luck to you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Any experience of the Degree Verification process? Sep 09, 2010
This a double post? Thought I just replied.

That link is from 2006, I'd double check if it's still the correct prcedure.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Any Experience Of The Degree Verification Process? Sep 10, 2010
Oh, thanks for that bonk. I was looking at the date at the top of the page. If that's the case, I believe that they stopped using that process.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Any Experience Of The Degree Verification Process? Sep 11, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:Oh, thanks for that bonk. I was looking at the date at the top of the page. If that's the case, I believe that they stopped using that process.

Yes, that's what I thought. I can't find any report from the actual time it was cancelled, but this one refers to it as being cancelled in 2008 ...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... ion=theuae

In 2005, the Ministry of Labour announced that all new visa applicants would have their qualifications screened through a tie-up between Emirates Post and degree verification company IntegraScreen.

According to figures provided at the time, some 567 fake degrees were discovered between 2005 and 2007, out of which 252 fake degree holders were deported.

However, in April 2008 the Ministry cancelled the contract with IntegraScreen and reverted back to the original process of verification.

On another topic (pun intended ;)), perhaps one of the mods could merge this and the other degree topic. It's getting a bit tedious replying to both ...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum