Alcohol License With An Abu Dhabi Visa

Topic locked
Alcohol license with an Abu Dhabi visa Dec 26, 2006
Really just for people’s information if they search for this one day.

I’m going out of my mind trying to do the legal thing and get an alcohol license. The issue is that I have an Abu Dhabi visa (my company is HQ’d there) but live and work in Dubai. I went to the MMI store and they say I need a letter of no objection from AD police before they’ll process my application with the Dubai police. Fine, so I think.

I turned up today in AD to get a letter of no objection. Guess what? They need a letter from Dubai police first to say that I haven’t already got a license before they will issue a letter of no objection. AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH, this f-ing country. Bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy, why would I want a letter of no objection if I already had an alcohol license!?

Anyway, just a warning to others who may be in the same situation. You try and do the legal thing and they put 100 blocks in the way of you, I’ll have to make do with the illegal means of doing it for the time being.

scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 26, 2006
That's Dubai;

A lot of it is more to do with lazy bone idle public workers who would rather come up with a load of bull then do some real work.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 26, 2006
Its also easier to say NO, than it is to say YES.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 29, 2006
that is true the bureaucracy sucks keep in mind dubai is the least bureaucratic goverment in the middle east, AD is much worse. And if you want to talk about real fun ... check out Saudi !!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum