Accomodation & School

Topic locked
Accomodation & School Dec 20, 2005
Hi,
I shall be working in the vicinity of Dubai Investment Park :
Need to know a nice and safe place within 45-50mins drive to a nice accommodation and a school around 20 mins from the accommodation. for a T1 British preferred
thanks in advance :wink:

Paul

Paulou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

accomodation Dec 22, 2005
meadows, springs, garden, arabian ranches, lakes etc....

www.emaar.com
www.nakheel.ae

depends on your budget for accomodation though

get yourself an up to date map of dubai and take a look around, i seem to remember one (or a link) posted on this forum
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Updated Questions Dec 23, 2005
thanks, we were looking around 90,000 Dhs per year for accommodation > what range/type of housing would this give us say villa style or apartment style?
If we lived in the springs or gardens would we:
1. be around other europeon expats?
2. In travel distance/time to GEMS - jumeriah primary school?
3. Near shopping centers?

thanks in advance :lol:
Paulou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Updated Questions Dec 25, 2005
Paulou wrote:thanks, we were looking around 90,000 Dhs per year for accommodation > what range/type of housing would this give us say villa style or apartment style?

villa, something like a springs 1e, 1m, 2e, 2m; you'd probably be able to get a 3e or 3m for a little more than your allowance 110 - 120k pa (depending on the landlord of course). you need to add to that the levy - as in most cases the rental and levy issues are seperated by the landlord (about another 12 - 15k per annum).

appartment - about a 3 b/r in the greens, although the rent again varies on the landlord - between 80 - 110 k per annum. again levy of about 11 - 14k p.a.

If we lived in the springs or gardens would we:
1. be around other europeon expats?
- mixed expats, european, australian, african, indian etc... based on who can afford to live there, and not on nationality. but generally speaking yes to your question. gardens .... very long waiting list!!!!!!! don't get your hopes up! last i heard over 700

2. In travel distance/time to GEMS - jumeriah primary school?

between 30 and 45 min depending on what time of the moring you leave, i stand under correction, but think GEMS start at 7.30am. early moring traffic out of most of the developments (springs, greens, gardens etc...) is bad - as is the return trip in the evening. to many villas and not enough wide access roads!

3. Near shopping centers?

ibn battuta, about 10 to 15 min, mall of the emirates about the same as it dubai marina. madinat about 20 to 25 min. there are a few smaller shopping centres and independantly owned supermarkets scattered around as well

thanks in advance :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum