Your Vocation.

Topic locked
Re: Your Vocation. Jun 13, 2011
BlueOrb wrote:
Bethsmum wrote: Have you reproduced any on canvas?

Not yet, but it's planned sometiem soon.

I have four in my living room mounted and framed (A4), and managed to break the glass in another so need to get another frame.

And thanks for your comment! The answer is yes - as soon as i find the cheapest possible way to do it! It wold be easy in the UK, but not so easy here, with Trade Licence, etc. I can sell via that site, but i need to set it up properly, and if no one knows it's there, it wont sell very much.

But if you ever fancy a set of coasters with B+W sand dunes on, you now know where to go! :D

You are definitely onto something. I like the comparison between color and the B&W. My preference is B&W as it gives more depth, IMHO. I definitely would invest in a few.

Great work!!!

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Your Vocation. Jun 13, 2011
I agree about the B+W - it does bring out areas of light in the picture that the eye can see (if you concentrate!).

None of these have been heavily processed - just converted to black and white film and the light / contrast adjusted to give a good result - just what you would do while processing "real" pictures.

I'm not a big fan of Photoshopping to death and creating off-the-wall colours. i do try sometimes, but my "thing" is really trying to take interesting pictures without editting.

The way the pictures are framed/composed, is how i take them. 99% have no cropping at all. I only crop to get rid of either stuff that crept in that i don't like or sh!te on the sensor.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat