Do You Think That You Love English Words

Topic locked
Do you think that you Love English Words Nov 28, 2007
I thought that antidisestablishmentarianism
(which the scientific words for hardly English!!) is the longest word in English, but now i changed my mind..

Here are examples for 'very simple' English words:

floccinauccinihilipilification ( 30 letters)
which means, To estimate something as worthless
(I wonder how it can be put in a sentence! Hmm, This thread is floccinauccinihilipilification reading :) )

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis (45 letters)
Meaning?
A lung disease. (Irish guys, you should know this one, but i wonder if you can pronounce it ;) )

There are also long names for Places:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
a village in Wales

There's also a train station in Wales called Gorsafawddachaidraigodanheddogleddollonpenrhynareu rdraethceredigion
which means "St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St Tysilio of the red cave"!!!!

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapiki maungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu (92 charchters!!!)
A town name in New Zealand (can it be said in one breathe??? i doubt it)

Krungthepmahanakornamornratanakosinmahintarayuttha yamahadilokphopnopparatrajathaniburiromudomrajaniw esmahasatharnamornphimarnavatarnsathitsakkattiyavi sanukamprasit (163 characters!!!!)
A name of town in Thailand (I think that the hardest question can be asked to one of the people live in this town is: Where are you from? :))

and finally, my best:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
which means: the fear of long words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Well, there are also words for chimeical components that are more than 1000 character long!! (I always hated Chemistry, now i have a very good reason ;))

best_friend4u2
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat