2 Year Old Left In Car To Die

Topic locked
2 year old left in car to die Jul 27, 2009
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_a ... 35025.html

I don't think I can quite put into words how disgusted I am not just with the inhuman behaviour of the parents, but mostly, that Sharjah police are not going to charge them with any crime, because "they're suffering enough".

Put them in a car at midday for a few hours, then see how much they suffer.

Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 27, 2009
I should also point out, that in the US or UK, if you leave a dog in a car during the summer, you can go to prison.

A dog.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Re: 2 year old left in car to die Jul 27, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_and_The_Courts/10335025.html

I don't think I can quite put into words how disgusted I am not just with the inhuman behaviour of the parents, but mostly, that Sharjah police are not going to charge them with any crime, because "they're suffering enough".

Put them in a car at midday for a few hours, then see how much they suffer.

Hah. Just read the article before seeing your post. As I always say - these cops here cant be trusted. never know who they will lock up for no reason and who they will set free.

remember the case when a pregnant women was charged for driving while pregnant and getting into an accident? Wasnt it painful for her to lose her child??? what happened then? Oops I just remembered - she was an expat.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 27, 2009
This is appalling! They 'forgot' about her! 'Left her behind'! Clearly the parents cared nothing for the child, they should be locked up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 27, 2009
While Sharjah Police have done a number of funny things recently, I kind of agree that the worst possible punishment for a negligent parent is losing their child.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

michaeldubai wrote:remember the case when a pregnant women was charged for driving while pregnant and getting into an accident? Wasnt it painful for her to lose her child??? what happened then? Oops I just remembered - she was an expat.

Thats the crux of the problem. Many people genuinely believe there should be different standards for different people. There's nothing one can do to change than mindset. 2 days back, a guy blocked my car for 1 hour by illegally parking, when I asked him why he did it, he replied,
"This is my country!"
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:Thats the crux of the problem. Many people genuinely believe there should be different standards for different people. There's nothing one can do to change than mindset. 2 days back, a guy blocked my car for 1 hour by illegally parking, when I asked him why he did it, he replied,
"This is my country!"

"This is my country" That is one comment I hate. People have used it before and there are people who have defended in on this website. So - if this is their country does that mean tomorrow they have the right to lay hands on your money? your belongings? your wife???? crap attitude.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

michaeldubai wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:

"This is my country" That is one comment I hate. People have used it before and there are people who have defended in on this website. So - if this is their country does that mean tomorrow they have the right to lay hands on your money? your belongings? your wife???? crap attitude.

there are 2 sorts of privileges people get/demand by virtue of being a native:

1) Fair Privileges: Preference in Jobs, preference in university admission (through quotas), govt assistance in anything (healhcare, education)

2) "Unofficial/unfair" ones: Breaking into queues, jumping red lights, hitting someone and claiming its the other persons fault, demanding to be served before others etc.

To be fair, in some African countries, people will rob you and claim they have the right to do so as its their country, so things arent as bad here in comparison
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
The really worrying thing, beyond the despicable behaviour of the 'parents' is that they clearly committed a crime. In any language, in any country, this is manslaughter (the unlawful killing of a human being without malice or forethought).

And the Police have set a precedent to completely ignore it. In most countries it would be illegal for the Police to do so.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

michaeldubai wrote:
remember the case when a pregnant women was charged for driving while pregnant and getting into an accident? Wasnt it painful for her to lose her child??? what happened then? Oops I just remembered - she was an expat.

This is exactly what came into my mind reading this article. (I had already read that in print). I couldn’t have expressed it better. I thought of starting a thread but.. after all what’s the use? But when I saw your post I could not resist the urge to post this reply.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009
Fair enough, what with all the harlots taking a nap in their place of work needing locked up.

How are the police and courts meant to find time to deal with this?
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 27, 2009
“her parents forgot her inside their car……….. after she was left behind near their home.”

Are you kidding me?? How could parents forget about their child near their home??? two-year-olds make noise like hell at home. How on earth didn’t they miss her presence at home?

This is outrageous, either they really intended to kill her or they don’t deserve to be parents.

Seriously, I’m right now thinking of vasectomy and hysterectomy.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
This is too fu**en sick ooooohhh my god. unbelievable this is really an off limit neglects of child care and my god the excuse they gave to their crime ( forgot ) what in god name have they forgotten a shopping bag ? no matter what they were busy with they really should get punished for it the both of them. the poor child this is realy sad and the worst fucken part are them not being punished is a hall different story I realy don't now what got into Sharjah police and I really don't want to hear an excuse for such a thing
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 27, 2009
You get taken to the cop shop for wearing a bracelet but its ok to kill your child because you forgot. Sharjah really has gone all out since I left. Maybe I need to move back to knock some sense back into the place !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 27, 2009
one question bothers me, who would be on the right mind to left a 2 year old child on a car, knowing that the heat out side is burning hot? AND how can you forget your own child? are the parents that irresponsible or did they intentionally to comit infantricide?
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
The police are correct that that parents are probably suffering enough and charging them is not going to make them any smarter.

But would they have been better off leaving the car running with the A/C on, which is in fact illegal regardless of if a child is in the car or not?
Comments?
benwj

Jul 27, 2009
[quote="BlackburnRovers"]While Sharjah Police have done a number of funny things recently, I kind of agree that the worst possible punishment for a negligent parent is losing their child.[/quote

Under normal circumstances!! This was pure neglect. These are people should never have had a child. In the states they would be arrested fr manslaughter and sentenced to prison. And don't tell me what good would it be to send them to prison. They were negligent where a human life was concerned.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 27, 2009
Prison is not enough.

I'm still for vasectomy and hysterectomy for such parents.

Is that too extreme?
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:Prison is not enough.

Is that too extreme?

Not at all. But it should be done while they are in prison.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 27, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:You get taken to the cop shop for wearing a bracelet but its ok to kill your child because you forgot. Sharjah really has gone all out since I left. Maybe I need to move back to knock some sense back into the place !

I support this statement!

Sjarjah's gone ludacris!!!
RobbyG

Jul 27, 2009
Metaphor79 wrote:Prison is not enough.

Is that too extreme?

Extreme actions require extreme measures.
benwj

Jul 27, 2009
uaekid wrote:This is too fu**en sick ooooohhh my god. unbelievable this is really an off limit neglects of child care and my god the excuse they gave to their crime ( forgot ) what in god name have they forgotten a shopping bag ? no matter what they were busy with they really should get punished for it the both of them. the poor child this is realy sad and the worst fucken part are them not being punished is a hall different story I realy don't now what got into Sharjah police and I really don't want to hear an excuse for such a thing

Agreed kid
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 28, 2009
benwj wrote:The police are correct that that parents are probably suffering enough and charging them is not going to make them any smarter.

But would they have been better off leaving the car running with the A/C on, which is in fact illegal regardless of if a child is in the car or not?
Comments?

The parents are suffering enough? Not nearly enough! You cannot 'forget' a child in the car! Imagne the suffering the child went through! Literally being roasted alive in that heat! The parents should be locked up in a baking hot car and endure what their child did! They didn't care for this infant! People like this should not be allowed to breed!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 28, 2009
It is too crule to say so, but is there the possibility that the child was 'left' in the car deliberately?

(I happened to have watched a Japanese TV serial with a similar plot recently. The mother drugged and locked his little son in the car under the mid-noon sun to kill him, as she knew people would not think it a murder, and the punishment wouldn't be severe.)
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 30, 2009
F.ucking Sharjah...
I hope they get burnt alive themselves.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jul 30, 2009
This kind of news is so heartbreaking. I seriously cannot comprehend how parents could forget their 2 yr old in the car.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 02, 2009
kanelli wrote:This kind of news is so heartbreaking. I seriously cannot comprehend how parents could forget their 2 yr old in the car.

Thats what you get when some of your laws are originating from the 7th Century, dammit.
RobbyG

Aug 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
kanelli wrote:This kind of news is so heartbreaking. I seriously cannot comprehend how parents could forget their 2 yr old in the car.

Thats what you get when some of your laws are originating from the 7th Century, dammit.

Errr, did I miss something?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 02, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Errr, did I miss something?

I'm sorry, wrong reply. I meant the authorities.
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat