I Won!!! I Won!!!

Topic locked
I won!!! I won!!! Aug 16, 2011
Yup, got the call from Etisalat saying I won AED250,000. They guy gave the phone over to someone else and it was AED200,000!!! What's AED 50,000 right?? I asked if they wanted my bank details and he was overjoyed. I told him that Dubai Police would be calling with the details and then hung up.

So, if you get a call from 971 50 436.1719 you can be a winner too!!!

P.S. Yest I reported it to the police.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: I Won!!! I Won!!! Aug 16, 2011
Good going. Yesterday on AD highway adnoc, approached by a Saudi plate Suburban with the same ol story of no gas money to get back home ! :roll: I was fasting and in a rush so just told him to buzz off.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: I Won!!! I Won!!! Aug 16, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Good going. Yesterday on AD highway adnoc, approached by a Saudi plate Suburban with the same ol story of no gas money to get back home ! :roll: I was fasting and in a rush so just told him to buzz off.

Can only imagine what you would say if you weren't fasting. :shock: But then again he would report you and your story about him begging would be proven to be a lie after he pulled his roll of cash out of his pocket!!!! :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: I Won!!! I Won!!! Aug 17, 2011
been through both experiences before, same reactions :D
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: I Won!!! I Won!!! Aug 17, 2011
Funny thing is first thing after Salam he asked me in Arabic was am I an Emarati, I stalled as is, why does it matter but he was very adament to find out if I was an Emarati or not at first It didn't strike me that it would be the scam as I've been asked for directions to the Saudi Border a couple of times by Saudi plate vehicles.

This is about the third time this has happened to me. Twice Saudi and once Omani.

And BTW if I had reported him to the coppers, they are well aware of such scams and very strict on begging specially during Ramadan and his sorry behind would be in trouble.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat