I Wish.....

Topic locked
Oct 06, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Brilliant, thats actually quite snazzy RC. Never actually paid attention to that. I remember very well when you on a clear day could see the trade center from Al Khan beach in Shj ! and it was the tallest buliding in the GCC ! The boring block Hilton next to it. Ahh man :( I miss those days.

Trade centre was the tallest building in the UAE until which building was built?

Hmmm....sorry sage just can't remember :( , but ironically now its one of the smallest on the strip now ! Jeez even Sharjah has taller ones now !

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 06, 2009
OK on a more social note. I wish that everyones debts were written off, all the poor people in trouble due to stupid things like bounced checks etc etc were bailed out and the banks and specially the collection agents put on a boat and pushed off.

Cost of living was reduced and back to 80's prices when you could rent a 3 BR villa with garden and garage for 25 ish K. Passport and nationality discrimination dies a horrid death.

Dubai was less plastic like it used to be, and not filled with people who are just here to milk this place as much as possible and actually give a damn.

Basically go back in time 15 to 20 years minimum
desertdudeshj

Oct 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Hang in there buddy. Its been a very tough year for a lot of year. My worst, there was a time I had only literally 50 bucks left in my pocket. Me and my wife spent a good eight months without zero income, and Zero savings but the bills kept on rolling in. Rent, CC payments, Loan payments, sending money back home etc etc. Plus our daily expenses gas, food etc etc. How we made it don't ask. I still get a shudder when I think about it and this was just a few months back.

Just hang in there buddy. Just don't give up, you've managed to make it so far, just a little bit longer 8)

The only problem is that we don't live in our home country. Home is where the real love is. Home is the place you'd rather be when you're at the lowest. And you can't stay here if you have nothing. This is exactly why Dubai is never gonna be a home for me. I wish to go home soon, but I can't at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Just like on my signature: you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 06, 2009
Correct, for me this is home, I've been here since I was six months old unfortunately still labled as a foriegner.

Also correct with your signature, some of the crap I had to go through this year I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and wonder how I got through it all.
desertdudeshj

Oct 07, 2009
I wish there were more beaches in Abu-Dhabi.

I just wish people here would smile more!

I wish there were some theatre groups in Abu-Dhabi.

I wish I knew how to sculpt in marble, then I wish I had a beautiful muse
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Brilliant, thats actually quite snazzy RC. Never actually paid attention to that. I remember very well when you on a clear day could see the trade center from Al Khan beach in Shj ! and it was the tallest buliding in the GCC ! The boring block Hilton next to it. Ahh man :( I miss those days.

Trade centre was the tallest building in the UAE until which building was built?

It was the tallest until that blue tower came up in AbuDhabi. It was partly ocupied by Hilton. 45 storeys to be exact.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2009
I wish I could go to Canada for my sister engagement. I really wish my employer was considerate.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2009
xty wrote:
melika969 wrote:Well yeah, but everything's gonna be good in time, just have to wait, and try to enjoy the moments (maybe sometimes it's not possible)

yeah, only miracle can overturn the situation. i hope i get one soon. keep praying.

praying is helpful, sending out positive vibes to get the right answer! I believe in it, hope everything will be good in no time...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 07, 2009
Baynounah Towers MCL....Is that really that old ?
desertdudeshj

Oct 07, 2009
I wish speedy came back!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 07, 2009
Yeah, Ol speedo's I miss his humps too.
desertdudeshj

Oct 07, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah, Ol speedo's I miss his humps too.

Not as much as I do!! :cry:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 07, 2009
I wish...............

I didn't just eat Burger King!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

It was the tallest until that blue tower came up in AbuDhabi. It was partly ocupied by Hilton. 45 storeys to be exact.

Almost Correct, it is called the Baynunah Tower and it is 40 floors, 168m high. It was built by Six Construct from Belgium.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Baynounah Towers MCL....Is that really that old ?

Construction started in 1991 and completed in 1994.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2009
...........that someone can explain to me why people who order a cheeseburger, with the works, and a side of fries with cheese - order a diet soda???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 07, 2009
Same people who rape their 4x4's offroad, but come to a complete halt on the smallest speed hump and take their time to go over it.
desertdudeshj

Oct 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:...........that someone can explain to me why people who order a cheeseburger, with the works, and a side of fries with cheese - order a diet soda???

They are on a diet, be nice to the over indulger's
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:...........that someone can explain to me why people who order a cheeseburger, with the works, and a side of fries with cheese - order a diet soda???

They are on a diet, be nice to the over indulger's

So, the diet soda is to give some "balance" to the caloric intake?? I still don't buy it!!!.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 08, 2009

I usually order a diet soda when I go out for lunch. But I generally stay away from the burgers and all that greasy fast food.

I figure every little bit helps!!!!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 08, 2009
I Wish I had'nt subscribed to GulfNews
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 08, 2009
I wish I had a British GF but cannot find attractive one.

English beauty is like English humour - nobody understands both of them outside evergreen island.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 08, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I wish I had a British GF but cannot find attractive one.

English beauty is like English humour - nobody understands both of them outside evergreen island.

:lol:
Chief you need to meet younger women :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 08, 2009

Hush hush. Speedy will kill me! He still consider her as a teenager, not as a young lady even despite the driving license. :oops:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 08, 2009

I like women with accent such as British/Australian. Sounds sexy.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

Hush hush. Speedy will kill me! He still consider her as a teenager, not as a young lady even despite the driving license. :oops:

Hmm.... I like the gameplan, Talk about him so much that he'll be forced to respond. :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

I wish Oct 14, 2009
wish i cud travel to all the places in this world
picolini
Dubai Forum User

Oct 14, 2009

the same kind of person who orders 6 shawarmas, a side of humus, 5 falafel peices along with a nice cold refreshing diet pepsi to down it with ;)

ohhhh to be 18 and able to eat those amounts again :(
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Same people who rape their 4x4's offroad, but come to a complete halt on the smallest speed hump and take their time to go over it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHA
that was absolutly brilliant! HAHAHAHHAH
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009
I agree!
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat