Why Was 'Incident In Kuwaiti Hospital' Moved After My Reply?

Topic locked
Why was 'Incident in Kuwaiti Hospital' moved after my reply? Feb 20, 2009
Eh?

Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 20, 2009
Sage?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 20, 2009
Del wrote:Sage?

Moved to fight club, it was getting abusive
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 20, 2009
What the hell is fight club????

What was it about Del?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 20, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

that was a poor decision.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 20, 2009
smoggie wrote:What the hell is fight club????

What was it about Del?

I wrote something along the lines of being in a taxi that had a collision with a Local in a brand new Mercedes. The Local tried to overtake on the hard shoulder. The Indian taxi driver asked me to hang around because he'll, 'get the blame', while the smiling Local asked me to tell the police that it was the Indian's fault.

I spoke the truth and the Local looked annoyed.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 20, 2009
Fight Club is soon going to have more active threads than the General Forum. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 20, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

Did I miss something? Please tell, cause it may happen again if I am to blame...? What was abusive?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 20, 2009
The issue here is simple, when the thread starts to become abusive, insults flying about, people trying to disguise their bad language etc., it will be moved to fight club, this is because the general section of Dubai Forums is open for all to see even without a log-in. Sorry all but thats the way it is.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 20, 2009
understood ;)
RobbyG

Feb 21, 2009
Hang on a minute!
If there is an educational tale to be told it should remain on here.
It should not be hijacked by the usual idiots on here that means it is taken to a place beyond the bounds of the casual browser...... Mods please reply to this!!

Smoggie
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 21, 2009
smoggie wrote:Hang on a minute!
If there is an educational tale to be told it should remain on here.
It should not be hijacked by the usual idiots on here that means it is taken to a place beyond the bounds of the casual browser...... Mods please reply to this!!

Smoggie

He's got a sincere point Sagé...!

Some foulmouth should not influence the core message of a topic. In this case, the eye opener of someone who didn't react, but did had a conscious and shared it with us...

So, better modding next time instead of moving?

brgds
RobbyG

Feb 21, 2009
No critiscism of the mods....Just a point about a good thread going to waste
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 21, 2009
smoggie wrote:No critiscism of the mods....Just a point about a good thread going to waste

And this is exactly why it was MOVED to fight club, the thread was not deleted or wasted, follow link:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=32930
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 21, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Some foulmouth should not influence the core message of a topic.

So, better modding next time instead of moving?

that's the exact reason why i said it was a poor decision in my previous post.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
smoggie wrote:No critiscism of the mods....Just a point about a good thread going to waste

And this is exactly why it was MOVED to fight club, the thread was not deleted or wasted, follow link:

but doing so made the thread unreachable for everyone sage !!! i think everyone should know what happened at hospital.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 21, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

but doing so made the thread unreachable for everyone sage !!! i think everyone should know what happened at hospital.

Everyone involved in this thread has more than 100 posts and that means they have access to fightclub.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2009
The thread was pointless and a waste of space in the first place...another person saying how bad locals are and poor the indians are, give me a break!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2009
bushra21 wrote:The thread was pointless and a waste of space in the first place...another person saying how bad locals are and poor the indians are, give me a break!

Honestly, I didn't even read those posts.
I only 'listened' to the initial poster who opened up his conscious belief.

I think its was an honest post from that man.

Bushra, sometimes we have to read between the lines. :wink:
RobbyG

Feb 22, 2009
ohhhh what to read robbyg, locals got some attidue ? we all know it, whats knew, if you can't beat it live with it.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 22, 2009
maybe he should have wrote.....

"I wrote something along the lines of being in a taxi that had a collision with an Indian in a brand new Mercedes. The Indian tried to overtake on the hard shoulder. The Local taxi driver asked me to hang around because he'll, 'get the blame', while the smiling Indian asked me to tell the police that it was the Local's fault.

I spoke the truth and the Indian looked annoyed.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Everyone involved in this thread has more than 100 posts and that means they have access to fightclub.

i didn't mean 'everyone' here only. anyway, i really think the thread should have modded instead of moving to fc and i believe that's what many here think as well.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 22, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Everyone involved in this thread has more than 100 posts and that means they have access to fightclub.

i didn't mean 'everyone' here only. anyway, i really think the thread should have modded instead of moving to fc and i believe that's what many here think as well.

Yep. Despite some of the replies, it is a story which is all too typical unfortunately. thread should have stayed put! I'd never heard of "Fight club"
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:

It was modded as you put it, I moved it, as a Moderator to where it belongs, the Fightclub. I am not going to waste my time tring to moderate someones attempt at foul language in threads, you want to use that kind of language then go to the Fightclub, its that simple.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2009
it's ok. wasn't expecting that kind of answer from a moderator.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat