Why Did You?

Topic locked
Re: why did you? Oct 03, 2011
:roll:

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Why Did You? Oct 03, 2011
kanelli wrote:I don't give a crap if you agree with BB. I can say what I like.

If you are all so concerned about harmony here, why don't you all step back from your keyboards - PERMANENTLY. It is obvious that NONE of us can get along.

How about we all kick ourselves off the forum for own bad conduct towards others? Now that's an idea isn't it...

Kanelli, I don't understand your level of anger and being unable to move forward. Maybe you should take another time out and when you return hopefully there will be a decent level of harmony on the forum. You seem determined to keep the atmosphere where it is. If that's the case, please go to Fight Club. Try turning the corner, get on board and take a different approach.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yes, clearly I'M the only one unable to move forward here! Ha ha ha!

Look, how many times has the forum been through this in the past year? Fight Club solves nothing, in fact gives people a license to be even worse to each other in there. Nothing will improve on this forum, especially without moderation.

-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 pm --

I can easily sit on my hands and observe. Even with some of you saying you want to turn over a new leaf (like before, and the time before that, and the time before that...), I bet it will only be a matter of days before the derailing, potshots, and anti-Islam bullcra.p flourishes again on this forum.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Yes, clearly I'M the only one unable to move forward here! Ha ha ha!

Look, how many times has the forum been through this in the past year? Fight Club solves nothing, in fact gives people a license to be even worse to each other in there. Nothing will improve on this forum, especially without moderation.

Baby steps Kanelli, baby steps. For every one person who can show restraint it brings the forum that much closer to being better. Obviously not everyone is going to work at it and we will have some tools to deal with.

Stop with the moderation Kanelli. You can't make it happen. As it appears that no one can authorize access to FC, those that can't get in won't be subjected to the fighting. If members that have access what to get involved so be it - it's out of sight from the new members and entry to get involved would be by choice for those that can. At least it would give the appearance of DF being a fairly decent forum.

At the end of the day it's your choice.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Fight Club shouldn't even exist. How absurd to have a special place for abusing others when the forum rules are that no one should be abusing - period!

Keeping the really nasty stuff out of sight is dishonest, and realistically, it always spills out onto the main forum because it causes people to dislike each other and attack each other even more. The past has proven this.

My choice is to sit on my hands. Some of you like to believe all the cra.p starts from me, but that is just irresponsible, arrogant, and lacking in reflection on one's own conduct. I can guarantee you that the bull on this forum will continue, whether I continue to post or not. (Clearly it still did while I was away for many weeks...)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Fight Club shouldn't even exist. How absurd to have a special place for abusing others when the forum rules are that no one should be abusing - period!

Keeping the really nasty stuff out of sight is dishonest, and realistically, it always spills out onto the main forum because it causes people to dislike each other and attack each other even more. The past has proven this.

My choice is to sit on my hands. Some of you like to believe all the cra.p starts from me, but that is just irresponsible, arrogant, and lacking in reflection on one's own conduct. I can guarantee you that the bull on this forum will continue, whether I continue to post or not. (Clearly it still did while I was away for many weeks...)

You comments are duly noted. I may add: EVERYONE, which includes you, me, DDS, Shaf and every other member who took part in what happened - it doesn't matter to what degree or level. No one person is more innocent or more guilty than anyone else. For anyone to exclude themself is deluding themself.

Andyba has been very irresponsible. How can it take over 6 months to install a program?? If it's going to take another six months then maybe he should find a few non-members to monitor the forum until his automod is functional.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I agree!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Hi Mahmood! I'm here! ;)

I found DF when I was looking for a job in Dubai. I was looking to move to Dubai for personal reasons, which don't exist now! :D Then I found this place very interesting mainly because of people like Bora, Speedy, MCL,Chief,Sage and some few others. Well in that time fights were going on too, but I dont think it was as terrible as now!

The forum was kinda addictive that time. I used to sign in everyday and read every single thread and post. Anyways it lost its charm, but still I made very very good friends and one best friend in this forum, which I am really happy for.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: why did you? Oct 03, 2011
I joined fOr laughs...gotten my share.

Some truly 'funny' stuff; particularly the 'seriousness' portrayed by some.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat