Why Are Moderators Allowing Trolls To Dump All Over Forums?

Topic locked
Feb 09, 2009
uaekid, it isn't my problem if you can't understand my plain English in my initial post. Where did I say that you talk about other people's religions?

Here is what you wrote

uaekid wrote:Wow, all of this is for me, what a great thread to read with my protein shack , well I just want to get you guys in my shoes, now you know how it feels, and yes I do have the advantage cuz unlike the west, our media sucks and can't get anything from it so I can keep this going for every until someone's stops the Hatred toward my country, that’s what I'm here for after all, no one gain anything from many stupid unusable subjects a couple of ppl here posts neither.
Why is it when I only did it complains are raining on me, I know it makes the forum sucks but if this how you want it to be ,use the forum to spread your sick views of the country in this way then we all can play this dirty came, after all I'm just exercising my freedom of speech but I guess it hurts being against you .

But hey if those posts makes such a crying babies then fine I'll stop it, I don't want to add a negative atmosphere to the forum than it is already.
but be fare when you Criticizes and do not discriminate.

My response was

kanelli wrote:uaekid, what you haven't realized is that just because some of the posters criticize things that don't work, are hypocritical etc. in the UAE, doesn't mean we are Arab haters, Muslim religion and Middle East culture haters - unlike some of those who have been posting recently to say very hateful things about Westerners and non-Muslims. I don't expect you to be able to tell the difference, because you get your back up anytime there is criticism of anything UAE. The government even has rules in force in this country to stop/punish people from publishing things that bring a bad light to the UAE - so there you go, institutionalized muzzling.

Did you see the other thread where I posted the links to about 5 or 6 threads where you were being negative about the UK? You can be negative about other people's countries, but don't like negative articles about the UAE? You think that muslimbangladeshi is cool for posting mean, rude, and hateful things about Westerners and Western countries? Wow, we should all look up to you when it comes to logical arguments and absence of hypocrisy.

Like I said, we don't spread hate about your country, we just criticize some local happenings, policies and the way the media reports things etc. Why? Because it affects people's lives as residents, investors or frequent travelers there. People are critical of things in other countries too, they just write about it on those forums. This is Dubai Forums.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 09, 2009
kanelli wrote:He's definitely here for wind-ups :D

Kanelli,

I'd choose Canada over the US anyday, I think more Americans are agreeing:

"In 2006, 10,942 Americans went to Canada, compared with 9,262 in 2005 and 5,828 in 2000, according to a survey by the Association for Canadian Studies....

The current increase appears to be fueled largely by social and political reasons, says Jedwab, based on anecdotal evidence.

"Those who are coming have the highest level of education — these aren't people who can't get a job in the states," he says. "They're coming because many of them don't like the politics, the Iraq War and the security situation in the U.S. By comparison, Canada is a tension-free place. People feel safer...."

:D :wink:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 09, 2009
kanelli wrote:uaekid, it isn't my problem if you can't understand my plain English in my initial post. Where did I say that you talk about other people's religions?

Here is what you wrote

uaekid wrote:Wow, all of this is for me, what a great thread to read with my protein shack , well I just want to get you guys in my shoes, now you know how it feels, and yes I do have the advantage cuz unlike the west, our media sucks and can't get anything from it so I can keep this going for every until someone's stops the Hatred toward my country, that’s what I'm here for after all, no one gain anything from many stupid unusable subjects a couple of ppl here posts neither.
Why is it when I only did it complains are raining on me, I know it makes the forum sucks but if this how you want it to be ,use the forum to spread your sick views of the country in this way then we all can play this dirty came, after all I'm just exercising my freedom of speech but I guess it hurts being against you .

But hey if those posts makes such a crying babies then fine I'll stop it, I don't want to add a negative atmosphere to the forum than it is already.
but be fare when you Criticizes and do not discriminate.

My response was

kanelli wrote:uaekid, what you haven't realized is that just because some of the posters criticize things that don't work, are hypocritical etc. in the UAE, doesn't mean we are Arab haters, Muslim religion and Middle East culture haters - unlike some of those who have been posting recently to say very hateful things about Westerners and non-Muslims. I don't expect you to be able to tell the difference, because you get your back up anytime there is criticism of anything UAE. The government even has rules in force in this country to stop/punish people from publishing things that bring a bad light to the UAE - so there you go, institutionalized muzzling.

Did you see the other thread where I posted the links to about 5 or 6 threads where you were being negative about the UK? You can be negative about other people's countries, but don't like negative articles about the UAE? You think that muslimbangladeshi is cool for posting mean, rude, and hateful things about Westerners and Western countries? Wow, we should all look up to you when it comes to logical arguments and absence of hypocrisy.

Like I said, we don't spread hate about your country, we just criticize some local happenings, policies and the way the media reports things etc. Why? Because it affects people's lives as residents, investors or frequent travelers there. People are critical of things in other countries too, they just write about it on those forums. This is Dubai Forums.

I thought you are in canada ? so you for one should stop posting anything regarding UAE ,agree ? you are not their lawer, are you ?
but let me know how there were no such complains when ppl were cashing out from UAE ? only now it's a bad one ?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 09, 2009
uaekid wrote:I thought you are in canada ? so you for one should stop posting anything regarding UAE ,agree ? you are not their lawer, are you ?
but let me know how there were no such complains when ppl were cashing out from UAE ? only now it's a bad one ?

One question. You just joined here in November 2008, do you actually know what was discussed before then? I only joined recently too, but I will be prepared GUARANTEE you that posters here have always had these discussions about their experiences of Dubai.

It's a fact that wherever people live they like to discuss that place, even if it is their home country. They like to talk about what they like and what they don't, what they think is good and what is not. If you have lived somewhere other than Dubai you will have done it too. It is not disrespectful and not illegal. It is human. I am very happy being here, but nowhere is perfect (PLEASE don't bring up the UK again, nobody claims that is perfect either, in fact far from it, why do you think I am here?).

I'm trying to be reasonable in my words to you, if you still have some complaints, I will appreciate if you will do the same in return. Thanks.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 09, 2009
no need to man, I'm not serious about the hall thing anyway neither care but again lets be reasonable in out post here, you wana criticize go a head do, it's not like I can control it or want to , I learned things from DF my self that I didn't know before and it was great and fun for sometime but when thing turned nasty around the general forum so did I
uaekid

Feb 09, 2009
Constructive criticism is always good - that's how we learn and improve. Slagging off for the sake off it is a whole other matter.

There are things wrong with every city in every country. Some people's actions and attitudes tar their whole nation.

e.g. I was walking by myself in Garhoud the other night, going back to my car as I had to park quite away from where I was going. When some complete idiot pulls along side me and starts to try and coerce me into his car! I mean WTF! Needless to say I told him where to get off, even though I was quite scared at the time as there was no-one else in the street! But I'm not going to brand all people of this guys nationality (Ireally don't have to mention it) for the actions of this one idiot!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 09, 2009
uaekid wrote:no need to man, I'm not serious about the hall thing anyway neither care but again lets be reasonable in out post here, you wana criticize go a head do, it's not like I can control it or want to , I learned things from DF my self that I didn't know before and it was great and fun for sometime but when thing turned nasty around the general forum so did I

I can tell you're young and hotheaded. Even your tag line is a lttle too agressive to be mature. But don't take it as criticism. Some things only come with age.

If you find something offensive, how about just saying so in a quiet way, your point would still get addressed, and you should get more intelligent replies too.

But, we all agree, westerners just do not see all things the same way as locals, nothing to be done about that. Example, here, in business, someone may tell you something which you both know to be untrue, but it is considered really impolite to say so to their face. They may be saying it just to avoid a confrontation/argument, which is very normal amongst Arabs (in business, anyway).

This is hard for us to accept sometimes, and that's just one small example. Our cultures are waaay apart, but that should be a subject for discussion and even enjoyment, whether we can agree or not. I for one preferred Dubai when it was less westernised, but things change.

If you want to be taken seriously, calm down. :wink:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 09, 2009
No uaekid, I'm not living in Canada right now. I've been living abroad for 9 years and currently living in a 3rd country. I've got lots of criticism of this place too, as well as about Canada and the other countries I have lived in.

I haven't posted articles that are against your country. I read and react to many posts on many different topics in this forum, and have been doing so since 2005.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 09, 2009
Kanelli, I'll help you let the tyres down on uaekid's Suzuki Swift (tinted windows) if you like.

:twisted:
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 09, 2009
LOOOOL between you and me guys I did that ones to a guy at work when I saw his car parked outside a coffees cuz he pissed me off in a meeting ones.
and for you jones boy if you see how big my biceps are, you wouldn't wana get close to me or my tiers ,not unless you want me to replace the tire with your head :shock:

p.s :you have been added to my DF buddylist, sleep with one eye open joney boy.
uaekid

Feb 10, 2009
uaekid wrote:LOOOOL between you and me guys I did that ones to a guy at work when I saw his car parked outside a coffees cuz he pissed me off in a meeting ones.
and for you jones boy if you see how big my biceps are, you wouldn't wana get close to me or my tiers ,not unless you want me to replace the tire with your head :shock:

Don't feel so cornered dude.
Start realizing you lost on a forum you'll never win from. The biased view is aimed for Westerners. BUT, everything is open for discussion and there are alot of Westerners willing to give in and say they are wrong about an issue.

Unfortunately, that same type of reasonability is not mutual between you, MB and other single minded freaks around here on DF.

So widen those tolerances. Open the boundaries and view the world, from a Western perspective. Then you understand some of the comments better. Sure were biased. And YES its magnified, but only because we are in large numbers on DF. Lot of words, with the 'same' message.

:wink:

Never gonna win it. Basic arithmatic...
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 10, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
uaekid wrote:LOOOOL between you and me guys I did that ones to a guy at work when I saw his car parked outside a coffees cuz he pissed me off in a meeting ones.

Start realizing you lost on a forum you'll never win from. The biased view is aimed for Westerners. BUT, everything is open for discussion and there are alot of Westerners willing to give in and say they are wrong about an issue.

Unfortunately, that same type of reasonability is not mutual between you, MB and other single minded freaks around here on DF.

So widen those tolerances. Open the boundaries and view the world, from a Western perspective. Then you understand some of the comments better. Sure were biased. And YES its magnified, but only because we are in large numbers on DF. Lot of words, with the 'same' message.

It has nothing to do with winning or losing robbyG, it is not a competition, and trust when I say this, as my name tells, I'm a kid, never take things serious at least not with you guys, I understand what you stand for and how you stand for it and where you came from, you have a diff perspective in life than we do so be it, it's not going to kill me or effect me in anyway.

But it is a sham how you guys are dealing with issues discussed ( either my way or the high way ) and I can't help it.

So I'm not sure should I Congratulate you or Condoles you on your winning robbyG. :shock:

p.s stop feeding the troll :lol:
uaekid

Feb 10, 2009
uaekid wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

It has nothing to do with winning or losing robbyG, it is not a competition, and trust when I say this, as my name tells, I'm a kid, never take things serious at least not with you guys, I understand what you stand for and how you stand for it and where you came from, you have a diff perspective in life than we do so be it, it's not going to kill me or effect me in anyway.

But it is a sham how you guys are dealing with issues discussed ( either my way or the high way ) and I can't help it.

So I'm not sure should I Congratulate you or Condoles you on your winning robbyG. :shock:

p.s stop feeding the troll :lol:

You're getting fat on our great diet of troll food....! :naka:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2009
speed hump

Members of this forum have the right to post whatever they want as long as its usefull to the forum..its your problem if you think that this may coz hatred or its annoying for you..we have so many expact from all over the world and they are happy to hear any news about their homeland..therefor if you post anything about UAE whather it was negative or positive we will accept it , so bear us if we post negative news about UK or US
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009

Mods, do we really have to put up with such threats and language? Not that I'm scared. Actually it's his spelling and use of teenage txt-speak that I find most offensive. LOOOOL?

Honestly! :roll:

Anyway, I have made a point, like most others as far as I have read of skipping over his inane anti-Brit bashing ramblings, life is too short.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
He just likes to talk big Jones. Just go back and look at his posts when he was firefingers. I heard he got his a.s.s. kicked after that debacle. Ignore the troll.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009

And that makes you feel like a man does it? Big and clever? Pathetic! Just rmember the bigger they come, the harder they fall! David and Goliath anyone?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 10, 2009
[quote="uaekid"] ...cuz he pissed me off in a meeting ones....
quote]

For 'meeting' read 'detenshun in skool'

:lol:
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
naruto wrote:speed hump

Members of this forum have the right to post whatever they want as long as its usefull to the forum..its your problem if you think that this may coz hatred or its annoying for you..we have so many expact from all over the world and they are happy to hear any news about their homeland..therefor if you post anything about UAE whather it was negative or positive we will accept it , so bear us if we post negative news about UK or US

If all you ever post is negative news, it makes it obvious you are just a hater :roll: The whole point is that you don't live in the UK, so you and people like muslibangaladeshi have no reason whatsoever to post constantly bad news about the UK, except quite obviously to annoy people here. Everyone can see that so it's pretty pointless trying to defend your constant trashing of the UK, by saying that expats want to hear bad news about their homeland.You don't post messages about the riots on the streets in Greece and Italy do you? No, of course you don't.

Did you even READ my post above to uaekid as to why we discuss things which we could wish improved in the country in which we now live. Your reasoning is completely faulty, and stems from your paranoia that every criticism of UAE is bad. Go and move to the UK and complain there about the UK. THAT would make sense. Looks like you're the current troll then......
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2009
Exactly Speedhump. This is a "Dubai" forum and we are here to discuss things about "Dubai"
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
Actually, reading the negative economic news for US and UK right now doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've been reading about the economic situation in many countries because this is a GLOBAL crisis. I can hack it someone posts negative economic news about Canada, because it is a fact. Some can't handle simple facts about the economic status of the UAE right now. Everything has to be fine and dandy here... no negativity or else it is an attack on the country and its people. How logical.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 10, 2009
kanelli wrote:Actually, reading the negative economic news for US and UK right now doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've been reading about the economic situation in many countries because this is a GLOBAL crisis. I can hack it someone posts negative economic news about Canada, because it is a fact. Some can't handle simple facts about the economic status of the UAE right now. Everything has to be fine and dandy here... no negativity or else it is an attack on the country and its people. How logical.

Same here, there is bad news the whole world over, so what? What is bothersome is the attitude of the posters.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2009
Dubai is not an island protected in cotton wool by its own exclusivity, as Chocoholic said, it's a GLOBAL crisis, everyone is affected to some extent and there will be cooperation, GLOBAL cooperation to effect recovery.

Even Dubai needs external help, whether from Abu Dhabi or further afield.

I totally agree, this is a Dubai forum, Naruto, if you want to enter into comprehensive discussion about UK or US or anywhere else, why don't you join other more relevant sites? And, in case it has escaped your notice, there are other Exapts in Dubai, not just US/UK/Canadians, lots of Dutch, Scandinavians, French, Germans too....and more
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
In fact these guys don't even realize, Brits love to moan about the state of their nation, its always been a national trait, and it stops politicians getting too comfortable. It's only the childish gloating that I find ridiculous (*envisions troll looking up word gloating*).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2009
Yeah, moaning about the weather is a national past time too!

Is it because the weather doesn't change much here that trolls have time on their hands to winge and gripe about the UK?
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
yes yes, unfortunately it's true, we are a nation of moaners!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 10, 2009
nah, I prefer 'stoic', and 'hardy'. It makes us strong!
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
With a stiff upper lip. Oh and let's not forget our other national pass time is queuing!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 10, 2009
OH GOD! That is a whole new subject!!

I have learned to bite my lip when I'm trampled over by people not understanding the concept of personal space or politely forming a line one after the other because the person in front has been there waiting patiently for longer.

I've also developed sharp elbows... :twisted:
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
Wednesday Jones wrote:Yeah, moaning about the weather is a national past time too!

Is it because the weather doesn't change much here that trolls have time on their hands to winge and gripe about the UK?

That and of course everything else is just PERFECT here.

This is still a young nation and will learn from it's mistakes. But the eyes of the world are on the UAE now, and especially Dubai. By making a BIG fuss about these type of things they get fixed quickly, and bad press is reduced. I actually love living here, and I absolutely want Dubai to be the best it can, so heck, yes, I will say 'fix this', 'I think that's wrong' 'how about doing this', etc. etc :D

For example, if I were these guys I would be furious that the Municipality did not make adequate provision for sewage treatment before allowing the incredible amount of house building approved, hence the illegal sewage dumping and the spoiling of Dubai's beautiful beaches. I would be talking about it in forums like this.

BUT, this is NOT an elected government and is NOT answerable to either nationals or expats any further than it wants to be! From a western perspective it makes no sense, but locals will just shrug their shoulders and say 'nothing to be done'. They won't accept that it is only by exposing the wrongs to the light that they get righted.

The UAE's beaches never before needed to apply for international 'Blue Flag' status, but now they are having to, or the needed tourists will stop coming. I woudn't mind actually, Dubai is far too full of foreigners over the last few years :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat