Who Do You Miss?

Topic locked
Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 04, 2011
I on the other hand as well as other members aren't on here much, because we're actually out having a LIFE

LOL, Yeah right! That's how you get to 10972 posts on DF, 672 posts on Expatwoman as Chocs01 and 2936 posts as Akasha!

You're not awfully bright are you Chocs? LOL! Some life! :lol: :lol:

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 04, 2011
Chocs, I can’t really agree with you dear. BM is within her rights to post anything she wants on General, which is clearly open for any general chat, Dubai-related or not.

As to the quality of her posts, that can be judged differently by different people. Some people do read her posts, and some don’t! Big deal. Isn’t that true with all the other posts (by the other members).

It can be seen that many of BM's posts actually get quite a few comments, which shows that there is a lot of people reading her posts.

And if her posts are deemed inferior, she’s certainly not the only one who holds that honor at DF.

So, lighten up dear, and don’t let these trivial things bother you!

Remember Chocs, you’re still the only Queen around here (now that Kanelli has moved on).

So please don’t go away. DFland cannot be left without a queen!! We might get invaded by the Evilland Warriors...without a queen to defend us.!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 05, 2011
Tom Jones wrote:Chocs, I can’t really agree with you dear. BM is within her rights to post anything she wants on General, which is clearly open for any general chat, Dubai-related or not.

As to the quality of her posts, that can be judged differently by different people. Some people do read her posts, and some don’t! Big deal. Isn’t that true with all the other posts (by the other members).

It can be seen that many of BM's posts actually get quite a few comments, which shows that there is a lot of people reading her posts.

And if her posts are deemed inferior, she’s certainly not the only one who holds that honor at DF.

Remember Chocs, you’re still the only Queen around here (now that Kanelli has moved on).

So please don’t go away. DFland cannot be left without a queen!! We might get invaded by the Evilland Warriors...without a queen to defend us.!!

Oh, that's mean TJ...

-- Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:37 pm --

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Looks like this thread has been derailed to the what you like/dislike about BM thread. :)

I don't find BM's posts about herself insulting. She is not trying to big-up herself (btw chocs, I don't mind at all that you do this, but I'm used to it).
BM's posts are not patronising in any way and she is not trying to be something that she isn't.

If this is the reason why people have left, then I don't see a problem and glad that they are gone.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

I miss Spoonman and am geniunly hoping he is doing allright.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 06, 2011
Nice to know someone missed me...I am sure they will aim better next time!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Ambassador wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:Chocs, I can’t really agree with you dear. BM is within her rights to post anything she wants on General, which is clearly open for any general chat, Dubai-related or not.

Oh, that's mean TJ...

You're wicked, girl......!!!

:lol: :lol:

-- Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 pm --

Dubai Knight wrote:Nice to know someone missed me...I am sure they will aim better next time!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

With your ample derrière, which probably became “tres, tres grosse” from the French cuisine, don't worry. We will not be able to miss you next time!!

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

I don't have a problem with the fact that BM starts her own threads, it's the constant derailing of other peoples to yap on about herself that ticks me off - why you can't see that is beyond me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I don't have a problem with the fact that BM starts her own threads, it's the constant derailing of other peoples to yap on about herself that ticks me off - why you can't see that is beyond me!

LOL. I thought this was a nice thread until you jumped in and made it all about BM (again). :idea:
It wasnot BM that made it about BM.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:It's funny EH, I didn't mind Shafique when I first arrived at DF. I always thought he was a bit 'in your face' with the Islam thing, but one day he let himself slip and he was particularly unkind to me when I was talking about my daughter who had taken up with a Muslim.

He immediately apologised and it kind of endeared him to me. Then it all went down hill. It was all a cherade I felt, the way he made out he watched the same TV programmes etc, when in reality he really felt he was way above me in the social standing. As he once said, he was the quintessentially English gent whilst I was a chav. The cheek of it! We had accepted his family into the UK from Mauritius, given them all the passport, the freedom of speech and he was looking down on me! Once he accused me of being racist, me and him were finished. Why can't you say what you feel about your own country without fear of being labelled a racist?

I saw what I think in front of my fellow Englishmen. Why should I have to watch what I say in case of offending the Muslims? They don't appear to care what I feel. I am horrified when they burn the Poppy on Armistice Day or protest when out troops parade through our towns.

As much as I prefer to avoid any political/religious discussion with you BM, but let me tell you that whatever hard time you're facing from the immigrants in the UK is your government's fault. Your government wiith all its dark side and all the pain it caused to those different nations in the world, now its having a reversal effect on the British people. Moreover, its the democratic rules (including freedom of speech) that lead to what you're complaining about, and all the hard feelings.

Just so that you know, I don't support the current situation in the UK with regard to the immigrants and all their demands in terms of rights with respect to their cultural and religious backgrounds. Everyone is supposed to demand his rights in his own country instead of asking a host country to do so. But if the West wants to enforce their principles on the East, then it ought to force its own people to accept it with all its bright & dark sides first. Thats my general & humble point of view.

-- Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 pm --

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I miss Rude Boy :D

and Uaekid ;)
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 07, 2011
Well you're entitled to your opinion Sym, but I think my country is great. I have to say if it wasn't for the UK a lot of countries would still be in the dark ages and that includes the UAE. My father was in the RAF in Sharjah in the early 70's. he says it was the sh.it hole of the world at that point. You have come a long way since then but the UAE has a lot to learn about many things.
I love Dubai, Sym, but I wouldn't trust the Government any more than I would trust mine. The place is a total shambles really. RERA is a joke and so are most of your laws. Dubai Properties are a bunch of robbing bas*ards, Al Attar Properties are a disgrace to mankind, Salwan are a joke and I'd like to blow DU into the Persian Gulf. As for Dubai World, they wasted $8m suing someone and got nothing in return. :lol: :lol:

Anyway on a lighter note! Why did you put a wink face after the UAEkid? Is it you Sym? I was just thinking to myself earlier that he hasn't been around since Herve's Court case. Was he a plant on DF from Dubai World? Herve always thought so. He came out with a couple of suspect things that he couldn't have possibly known except if he had access to Court papers. :shock:

Have a nice evening Sym :lol:

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 am --

Chocoholic wrote:I don't have a problem with the fact that BM starts her own threads, it's the constant derailing of other peoples to yap on about herself that ticks me off - why you can't see that is beyond me!

Just a thought Chocs, maybe it's time to have a look at yourself? Just saying...
Bethsmum

symmetric wrote:But if the West wants to enforce their principles on the East, then it ought to force its own people to accept it with all its bright & dark sides first. Thats my general & humble point of view.

and Uaekid ;)

Hello Sym. Hope all is well with you.

Here's the problem Sym, the people who accept/don't accept what the West, in this case the US, allows or doesn't allow doesn't make a difference. It's all about politics. The people really don't have much of a say in what decisions/choices the government makes. If you ask the "person on the street" they would tell you that the US should get out of Iraq, never should have been there; the US should get out of Afghanistan, the US should stop funding 120 countries every year with aid and the US should take care of their own. That's what you would be told.

As for the West imposing itself on other countries, well once again you have to blame the government of those countries that allow western ways to be incorporated into its society. You being a local cannot understand how Americans and Brits feel about their country being lost to immigrants because the UAE government doesn't have immigrants that it has to support or bend to their wants. How would you feel to grow up in a country, live by the law, pay taxes, work, and someone stepped off a plane and got everything you had, and more, and not work a day or pay a dollar in taxes??

Its because of freedom of speech that people can be vocal about how they feel about the way it's government operates. Its also because of freedom of speech that immigrants can make demands on their adopted country, expecting that the country should change for them, rather them change to integrate into the country that they chose to live in. In the US we can critize our President. In certain countries critizing the President, Ruler, King, and the like, could mean jail.

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 pm --

Chocs, give it a rest. The only one who has a problem with BM is you. Is this a case of where everyone else is wrong, and you are the only one who is right? because you have had responses from several people who don't mind BM's personal stories and/or find her stories interesting/amusing - or is that what is bothering you? Of all the people currently posting, I "know" you the longest, and "know" alot about you and what you have done through your posts where you spoke about yourself!!!

Use that damn "foe" button for BM and not only will it make you happy, but will make everyone else happy not to have to read your posts, which FYI is always about BM. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
symmetric wrote:But if the West wants to enforce their principles on the East, then it ought to force its own people to accept it with all its bright & dark sides first. Thats my general & humble point of view.

and Uaekid ;)

Hello Sym. Hope all is well with you.

Here's the problem Sym, the people who accept/don't accept what the West, in this case the US, allows or doesn't allow doesn't make a difference. It's all about politics. The people really don't have much of a say in what decisions/choices the government makes. If you ask the "person on the street" they would tell you that the US should get out of Iraq, never should have been there; the US should get out of Afghanistan, the US should stop funding 120 countries every year with aid and the US should take care of their own. That's what you would be told.

As for the West imposing itself on other countries, well once again you have to blame the government of those countries that allow western ways to be incorporated into its society. You being a local cannot understand how Americans and Brits feel about their country being lost to immigrants because the UAE government doesn't have immigrants that it has to support or bend to their wants. How would you feel to grow up in a country, live by the law, pay taxes, work, and someone stepped off a plane and got everything you had, and more, and not work a day or pay a dollar in taxes??

Its because of freedom of speech that people can be vocal about how they feel about the way it's government operates. Its also because of freedom of speech that immigrants can make demands on their adopted country, expecting that the country should change for them, rather them change to integrate into the country that they chose to live in. In the US we can critize our President. In certain countries critizing the President, Ruler, King, and the like, could mean jail.

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 pm --

Chocs, give it a rest. The only one who has a problem with BM is you. Is this a case of where everyone else is wrong, and you are the only one who is right? because you have had responses from several people who don't mind BM's personal stories and/or find her stories interesting/amusing - or is that what is bothering you? Of all the people currently posting, I "know" you the longest, and "know" alot about you and what you have done through your posts where you spoke about yourself!!!

Use that damn "foe" button for BM and not only will it make you happy, but will make everyone else happy not to have to read your posts, which FYI is always about BM. :lol: :lol:

Hey BB, I think you know very well when it comes to Chocs she is the only person who can ever be right, and furthermore she must have the last word. Mind you she has blocked me, which is a shame as she will not see this.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat