What Do You Guyz/Gals Think ?

Topic locked
What Do You Guyz/Gals think ? Nov 14, 2008
Hello All,

I came to Dubai and called it home for a few months about 3 years ago.

It was a learning experience.

I have a rather bold personality and im sure I pissed off a lot of Pakistani, Indian + Iranians............they even tried to get me to sign off on a office
lease in my name just to get me in trouble! but of course, I was much
more smarter then that.

My question is.............do you think I have anything to worry about when I get back to Dubai ?

I mean it only takes a police case for them to stop you @ the airport these days, however, with no passport copy of course if would be tougher to do.

If I haven't done anything wrong........then of course I have nothing to worry about right ? the police in the GCC have a reputation in my opnion of being unprofessional and disrespectful.

They will go after you even without any shred of evidence

What do you guys think ? im just being paranoid ?

Because I have heard of lots of reports of people getting thrown in the slammer for weeks or even months on no proof...........and when they do get released they don't even get an apology.

What do you guys/gals think.................am I just overreacting ?

-Omar

OmarKhan
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 14, 2008
I think you shouldn't have anooyed people in the first place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 14, 2008
Yes, they do tend to throw people in the slammer on either circumstantial or flimsy evidence, however they will only stop you at the airport if there is an outstanding case been filed against you.

Passport copy or not, your number and details are logged in the computer.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 14, 2008
If you don't mind me asking what exactly is it that you did to, "Pakistani, Indian + Iranians?"

If it's what I think it is, then yes, I think you should be thrown into jail and have the keys thrown away. :evil1:
temptationsu
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 14, 2008
You said you pissed off Indians, Pakistanis and Iranians when in Dubai 3 years ago, ...

and you’re worried about not being allowed back into the country!!!???

Is that it????

If I were you, I’d be more worried about running into these again when in Dubai. These guys don’t forget!!!

Have you considered plastic surgery????

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 14, 2008
Now a word of advice:

If these guys see again in Dubai, or if you piss off more Indians, Pakistanis and Iranians when you return, it won't be long before you find yourself in the slammer anyway, where you will see yet more Indians, Pakistanis and Iranians!

If you can't get along with these nationalities, you'd better not come to the UAE because there are about 4 million Indians, Pakistanis and Iranians, out of 6 million.

You'd be way outnumbered pal!!!!

:roll: :roll:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2008
First of all im a british born and bred Iranian.

Second of all, let me expand on what I mean by pissing people off. There were times when I would get into heated arguments with others on the war against Iraq (with me being pro-western) thats about it

Third of all, what are the requirements of having a police case filed and how would you know if one has been filed against you ?

again, do you think im being way too worried about nothing ?
OmarKhan
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 15, 2008
Omar Khan,

I don't think you have about a thing, mate!

Police over here don't care about people arguing over Iraq, if there is no physical assault or a crime committed.

The police will not ban anyone from returning to Dubai if they have not violated the laws of the country.
And even with small offences, the ban is only for one year!

If these guys filed a complaint you against after your departure -which is very unlikely, the police would still have to hear your side of the story first before issuing any warrants against you. If you have not committed any offences, like embezzlement or assaulting anyone, don't worry about it.

Cheers!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2008
Correction:

The first line in my above post should read:

"I don't think you have to worry about a thing, mate"

Writing too fast is the culprit!!!!

---------
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran