What Do U Think About Israelies In Dubai

Topic locked
Feb 18, 2009
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:Is this about being Israeli or Jewish???

Both, I think.

So It's ok to come here if you are Jewish and want to build an enormous hotel, capture a shark and waste a shed load of money on a firework display while innocent palestinians are getting slaughtered daily?

Just asking.

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Both, I think.

So It's ok to come here if you are Jewish and want to build an enormous hotel, capture a shark and waste a shed load of money on a firework display while innocent palestinians are getting slaughtered daily?

Just asking.

Suppose so!
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
My conviction on not letting her in Dubai would be unprejudiced,
Well , Its really true that you can't blame her for anything like Choc said,
Maybe she is a good person by heart, You can never judge a person by his race , colour or any of his earthly features,

But at the same time , You can't let her in this country because Its predictable how the people here would react to a Jew in UAE.What if she is attacked? I think the UAE government had no other choice.
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
hack88 wrote:My conviction on not letting her in Dubai would be unprejudiced,
Well , Its really true that you can't blame her for anything like Choc said,
Maybe she is a good person by heart, You can never judge a person by his race , colour or any of his earthly features,

But at the same time , You can't let her in this country because Its predictable how the people here would react to a Jew in UAE.What if she is attacked? I think the UAE government had no other choice.

You can't blame her for anything because nobody knows her politics. Her politics are irrelevant anyway because simply she is not welcome because she happens to be the wrong religion. It's scandalous and cowardly and the authorities are hiding behind the fact that they cannot guarantee her safety. They were, however, ok with that idiot Bush.... but then there was maybe trading at stake.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
smoggie wrote:They were, however, ok with that idiot Bush.... but then there was maybe trading at stake.

loooooooooool.. dude what are you talking about...

they closed the freakin city for H.H Bush to wander around in Dubai...

on the other hand... the authorities could set 100% security on her and she will be safe... however, WHO is she to get this sort of protection???????

if she gets attacked, will you people be happy when an innocent sportsman get attacked due to political issues?????

I believe she should stay in her home and watch TV

you guys not getting the point????
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 18, 2009
should have let her bring her own mossad body guards..... hahaha....she would have been ok
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
she is RUBBISH. i dont see any point discussing about her.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2009
hey as long as you live under my roof you live under my rules :)
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 18, 2009
They stop an Israeli Tennis Player but allow Marks & Spencer to operate here, doesn't make sense.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 18, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
smoggie wrote:They were, however, ok with that idiot Bush.... but then there was maybe trading at stake.

loooooooooool.. dude what are you talking about...

they closed the freakin city for H.H Bush to wander around in Dubai...

on the other hand... the authorities could set 100% security on her and she will be safe... however, WHO is she to get this sort of protection???????

if she gets attacked, will you people be happy when an innocent sportsman get attacked due to political issues?????

I believe she should stay in her home and watch TV

you guys not getting the point????

I am not asking for the city to be shut down....I am making a point that anything is possible....Where there is a will there is a way. Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that the authorities here could not offer ONE LITTLE GIRL ENOUGH SECURITY????
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
If she was the best jockey in the world, I am sure she would be allowed to race at Nad Al Sheba...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 18, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:If she was the best jockey in the world, I am sure she would be allowed to race at Nad Al Sheba...

Knight

now we talk 8)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 18, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:If she was the best jockey in the world, I am sure she would be allowed to race at Nad Al Sheba...

Knight

honestly speaking if she had been a bit pretty she would have had a better chance :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2009

Knight

Exactly! Lets be honest here.... It's because she is a Jew.

She is not frightened to come here, she wants to play. But who stands to lose if she is allowed to play??? The UAE of course...because they look weak in the eyes of the other arab nations. The Israeli government score a PR coup.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
What if she is allowed to enter
...the next thing you know is that they will be kicking us out of this country claiming this land belonged to their forefathers

u dont believe me look at palestine
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
deadlife wrote:What if she is allowed to enter
...the next thing you know is that they will be kicking us out of this country claiming this land belonged to their forefathers

u dont believe me look at palestine

I couldn't care less if they let her in or not...I just do not believe that they cannot guarantee her safety. I wish they would be honest.
I remember when the allowed the Israeli delegation to come when The IMF was here in 2003 and they were warning people that any protest would be swiftly quashed.

I am sure that the Jews would be welcomed with open arms if they would buy the vacant properties :lol:
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
Well , people just stop comparing a tennis player to once the strongest person on earth. Do you think UAE is gonna shut off all it's business' for a tennis player? Well for Bush , he deserved the importance, UAE Government had talks with US that is worth billions.So dun't expect a bulletproof merc parade for the tennis player. It would make her feel uncomfortable as well,

Do you think she'll play like she always does?Is she gonna look at the ball or the bomb?
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
hack88 wrote:Well , people just stop comparing a tennis player to once the strongest person on earth. Do you think UAE is gonna shut off all it's business' for a tennis player? Well for Bush , he deserved the importance, UAE Government had talks with US that is worth billions.So dun't expect a bulletproof merc parade for the tennis player. It would make her feel uncomfortable as well,

Do you think she'll play like she always does?Is she gonna look at the ball or the bomb?

She is not being compared to the "Once strongest person on earth"....Read the thread!!!!!
The point is that they can offer security to anybody they want. In this case they choose not to offer security to a little girl....because they admit they are incapable!!
she is obviously not worried about a few bearded bigots.....she just wants to play tennis ffs!!!!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hardly, it's like an ant biting the leg of a rotweiler.

tiny things like(virus) can kill u ..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
sage & onion wrote:They stop an Israeli Tennis Player but allow Marks & Spencer to operate here, doesn't make sense.

I've never rated Marks & Spencer as a mixed doubles team.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
Del wrote:
sage & onion wrote:They stop an Israeli Tennis Player but allow Marks & Spencer to operate here, doesn't make sense.

Nobody says they were
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 19, 2009
Del wrote:

Marks & Spencer is not an Israeli brand!!!!!! its a british brand...

probably owned by a Jew owner... but this is not an issue in UAE... Jews can enter the country freely and live normally as far they hold a non-Israeli passport
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 19, 2009
jews are everywhere.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
Del wrote:

probably owned by a Jew owner... but this is not an issue in UAE... Jews can enter the country freely and live normally as far they hold a non-Israeli passport

Used to be the case in Saudi Arabia that if you entered with clothing that had M & S Labels they would be confiscated at customs.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 19, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
Del wrote:

Used to be the case in Saudi Arabia that if you entered with clothing that had M & S Labels they would be confiscated at customs.

I asked the question earlier in the thread...."Is this about being Israeli or Jewish" I'm still not sure!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
smoggie wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
Del wrote:

I asked the question earlier in the thread...."Is this about being Israeli or Jewish" I'm still not sure!

maybe you guys were aware of UConn Dubai issue ....

:?

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07 ... 23548.html

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 19, 2009
smoggie wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
Del wrote:

its about being Israeli...

Jewish are living normally in UAE... however, they keep low profile..
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 19, 2009

A combination. A Jew from the USA would have no problem. An Arab from Israel would also be allowed to participate. A Jew from Israel however...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2009
To be honest I can't make any sense of it
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 20, 2009
another one.... 8)

"Twenty-four hours after denying Israeli tennis pro Shahar Peer a Visa, prohibiting the world’s 45th ranked player from participating in the Dubai Tennis Championship, Dubai officials ordered the confiscation of all copies of the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, which features Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli on its cover."

more here (linked source on this webpage is blocked in UAE)

http://uaecommunity.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... issue.html
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat