What's Happening This Weekend?

Topic locked
What's Happening This Weekend? Apr 08, 2011
I know DF is quiet (quieter) of a weekend but I was wondering what everybody's doing?

On a Friday at work, the usual crack is 'what are you doing this weekend?'
The usual reply is 'not much!'
As the weather is usually shite here in the UK, it's not really surprising that 'not much' is the usual answer.
Today I was bombarded with leave books as we have a very good weather forecast for this weekend. The temperatures are to reach 18c!
I sorted through the leave requests giving priority to my friends (Of course) and knocking back those I can't stand. I have a girl in my team who has been nicknamed 'mensa', although she doesn't know it. What a friggin know it all she is! She never gets to leave early if anybody else wants to LOL.

BM has a busy weekend ahead! I need to get organised for my holidays :D :drunken: :bounce:
I need to
Do a VAT return :x :x
Send some bills out :evil:
Do some housework :idea:
Watch Man City v Liverpool (although it has been moved to Monday c/o SKY sports)
And if I have any spare time I will have a couple of glasses of Chardonnay!

What are you doing this weekend? I bet it's more exciting than BM's plans!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What's Happening This Weekend? Apr 08, 2011
From personal experience, doing the VAT return is like having all your teeth and fingernails forcibly removed with a pair of pliers and no anaesthetic...so will pass on that one!

Fridays are the chance to do all the things I should be doing during the week but work gets in the way.

Up early, drive the Hounds of the Baskervillas out to a deserted desert and let them have a good long run before it gets too hot. Pick up a Costa blueberry muffin on the way back and breakfast with a big mug of freshly brewed rich Italian blend.

1 hour music practice as I just got my beloved rare Fender Strat back from the technicians and loving how it sounds now.

A little house tidying then pack my rig and head down to Skydive Dubai on the trusty (HAHAHA!) Royal Enfield for a few jumps over the Palm.

Lunch under the shade somewhere on the Walk at JBR.

If the winds are not too strong later, get myself on the same plane as DD2 as he is doing a tandem jump this afternoon.

Home to feed the hounds and give them a quick drag around the block.

Shower and into work mode. Head down to the Jumeirah Saray where we have a show on tonight. Stop off for dinner with friends in Barsha and then home for a glass of something deliciously golden from the highlands of Scotland or a fine Premier Grand Cru Paulliac.

Perhaps a DVD or some music or reading for a while. Enjoying the latest Bernard Cornwell historical novel called The Fort about the 1779 British naval and military expedition to the Majabigwaduce river and the newly formed Massachusetts militia campaign to stop them. Contrary to popular American myth, Lt. Col. Paul Revere was not a very nice person.

Bed and sweet dreams.

Saturday morning is a continued hunt for the best deals on a new AC system for the Baskervilla and lunchtime onwards will be spent in a drunken haze for my best mate's first wedding anniversary!

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Damn! thats sounds like a load more fun that my VAT return!

I wish Dubaidog luck with his jump, I've just addressed that in the other topic.

When i read your post, DK, it reminded me that I used to like Paul Revere and the Raiders. They were a pop group in the late 60's. Now I know where he got his name :drunken:

Have a great weekend DK, it does sound perfect!
Bethsmum

Yes, I remember Paul Revere and the Raiders. You may be too young to remember Johnny Kidd and the Pirates or Cliff Bennett and the Rebelrousers? As an aside, I ended up working with Cliff Bennett many years later...he was in air cargo and we used him to ship band equipment around the world! They still used to do gigs and his voice held up very well.

One of my favourites is still George Thorogood and the Destroyers. The dude can play!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Yes, I remember Paul Revere and the Raiders. You may be too young to remember Johnny Kidd and the Pirates or Cliff Bennett and the Rebelrousers? As an aside, I ended up working with Cliff Bennett many years later...he was in air cargo and we used him to ship band equipment around the world! They still used to do gigs and his voice held up very well.

One of my favourites is still George Thorogood and the Destroyers. The dude can play!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Slightly before my time DK, but not much, My first big likes were the Monkeys. I bet you were a fan too :D

You would get on with my mates in JBR, DK. He is a bit older than me, and was a roadie in a previous existence but for the life of me I can't remember who for! One of the bedrooms in their flat is ceiling to floor with records etc. He is writing a book at the moment, something along the lines of something (music wise) happened on each day of the year over a period of time, if you get what I mean! He does a music trivia thing for a radio station in Vancouver, AND he makes the best G&T's I've ever had.
His wife is Chris Rea's cousin. She was married to someone quite high in the Met previously.

Between them they have some wicked crack!
Bethsmum

Hmm this weekend, or starting in a few hours from now

Fri - Still searching for kaif at the some apparently high profile club ( never realized starting a night club business it the most easiest and legitimate way of swindling people)

Sat - Picnic BBQ at some garden type of place

Sun - Chilling and talking rubbish with some folks
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: What's Happening This Weekend? Apr 09, 2011
Well it's Laundry and the supermarket for me, as usual, kind of pales into insignificance when you consider the action man lifestyle of DK, :shock: sky diving, rock and roll bands, riding around on a vintage motorcycle, I feel out of breath just thinking about it!

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: What's Happening This Weekend? Apr 10, 2011
Dillon wrote:Well it's Laundry and the supermarket for me, as usual, kind of pales into insignificance when you consider the action man lifestyle of DK, :shock: sky diving, rock and roll bands, riding around on a vintage motorcycle, I feel out of breath just thinking about it!

You're a boring old sod aren't you? How comforting to know there are more of us!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Dillon wrote:Well it's Laundry and the supermarket for me, as usual, kind of pales into insignificance when you consider the action man lifestyle of DK, :shock: sky diving, rock and roll bands, riding around on a vintage motorcycle, I feel out of breath just thinking about it!

You're a boring old sod aren't you? How comforting to know there are more of us!

And miserable, I’m such a boring and miserable old git, my children call me Victor (Meldrew)

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

On the weekend I don't do much. Hubby works, which isn't a bad thing. I don't go out to shop - leaving the malls and stores to families. Our weekend is during the week, which really works out better. At night families are generally home so taking in a movie is pleasant. Fewer mobiles and way fewer kids in the cinema and restaurants!!! Fewer baby buggies banging into you from every direction, fewer kids running around as if on a chocolate overdose. Yup, works for us.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:On the weekend I don't do much. Hubby works, which isn't a bad thing. I don't go out to shop - leaving the malls and stores to families. Our weekend is during the week, which really works out better. At night families are generally home so taking in a movie is pleasant. Fewer mobiles and way fewer kids in the cinema and restaurants!!! Fewer baby buggies banging into you from every direction, fewer kids running around as if on a chocolate overdose. Yup, works for us.

Bora, BM is up for a session any time whether it be your weekend or my weekend! We need to make a plan!
Bethsmum

I'm on your schedule BM. You let me know when, where and what time!!! Looking forward to seeing you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: What's Happening This Weekend? Apr 11, 2011
Dillon wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

And miserable, I’m such a boring and miserable old git, my children call me Victor (Meldrew)

I don't believe it!

-- Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:58 am --

Bora Bora wrote:I'm on your schedule BM. You let me know when, where and what time!!! Looking forward to seeing you.

I'll be in touch Bora! I'm looking forward to seeing you too :drunken:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat