What Is For Dinner?

Topic locked
Oct 06, 2009
Mahaa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahaa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I made a dinner. About a month ago. I think it was prawns. Does that count?

yuke

What's wrong with prawns??

NOT a problem with prawns. I love prawns. but what do you think its one month old. freezed food I dont like. the taste will go......... :?

hmmmm... miss my mom for fresh food ;)

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 06, 2009
Mahaa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahaa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I made a dinner. About a month ago. I think it was prawns. Does that count?

yuke

NOT a problem with prawns. I love prawns. but what do you think its one month old. freezed food I dont like. the taste will go......... :?

Who said they were frozen?? Bought fresh and cooked the same day. It's just that I ate them a month later. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Last night was BBQ night at mine. We literally had a meat mountain, with salads to go with and jacket spuds - yum yum yum :D

Bora, I love prawns - they rock. They've just opene a Jimmy's killer prawns down the road from me, all you can eat for 79 Dhs, can't wait to check it out - bring on the prawns!

Problem with those places are that the prawns are usually small and they don't really clean them (you know, slit them down the back and remove (I'm gagging now - too early to think about that!) that long vein with the crap in it.

In any event, when you go let us know how the were and if it's really worth it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
LOL - will do!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 06, 2009
[quote="Bora Bora"][quote="Mahaa"][quote="Bora Bora"][quote="Mahaa"][quote="Bora Bora"]I made a dinner. About a month ago. I think it was prawns. Does that count?[/quote]

yuke[/quote]

What's wrong with prawns??[/quote]

NOT a problem with prawns. I love prawns. but what do you think its one month old. freezed food I dont like. the taste will go......... :?[/quote]

Who said they were frozen?? Bought fresh and cooked the same day. It's just that I ate them a month later. :lol:[/quote]

oops MISUNDERSTOOD :roll:
Mahaa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 06, 2009
Mahaa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahaa wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahaa wrote:

yuke

Who said they were frozen?? Bought fresh and cooked the same day. It's just that I ate them a month later. :lol:

oops MISUNDERSTOOD :roll:

Hon, I was playing with you. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
Ewww I hate seafood n plain rice, just my luck wifey eats nothing but !

I do like fish n chips though.

Last night I made some minced meat with mixed veggies and now eating chapli kebabs with hummous and khuboos 8)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 06, 2009
raidah wrote:asparangus and brokkoli cream with friend eggs. first time i made this cream and it was yummy

* wheres the puke smiley !

Asparagus and brocolli, I rather eat dried grass !

* yes as you lot might have figured out I'm a very picky eater :D
desertdudeshj

Oct 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Last night was BBQ night at mine. We literally had a meat mountain, with salads to go with and jacket spuds - yum yum yum :D

Bora, I love prawns - they rock. They've just opene a Jimmy's killer prawns down the road from me, all you can eat for 79 Dhs, can't wait to check it out - bring on the prawns!

Problem with those places are that the prawns are usually small and they don't really clean them (you know, slit them down the back and remove (I'm gagging now - too early to think about that!) that long vein with the crap in it.

In any event, when you go let us know how the were and if it's really worth it.

Right On...who knows if all these outlets bother to devein the prawns. Who knows if the fish is fresh at all, at the end of the day sadly, it's the marinade that makes the dishes here not the freshness of the fish!
That's why as a rule I never eat fish and pork dishes prepared outside my kitchen.

Chocs you sure the prawns are deveined ?

And how can anyone be certain the prawns are not stale? I mean once they're crisp fried you would'nt even know the difference.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Ewww I hate seafood n plain rice, just my luck wifey eats nothing but !

I do like fish n chips though.

Last night I made some minced meat with mixed veggies and now eating chapli kebabs with hummous and khuboos 8)

chepli kebabs? Drooooolll
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
raidah wrote:asparangus and brokkoli cream with friend eggs. first time i made this cream and it was yummy

you don't know what you are missing out on. brokkoli is very healthy, actually both are

grass is good for your food processing :lol: thats why dogs like grass :P
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 06, 2009
raidah wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

you don't know what you are missing out on. brokkoli is very healthy, actually both are

grass is good for your food processing :lol: thats why dogs like grass :P

sounds more like medicine to me...
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2009
MCL, don't know haven't been there yet. I'm a huge seafood fan.

Raidah, right on asparagus is amazing. Love broccoli and cauliflour cheese - yum yum
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 06, 2009
1. Spinach with pine nuts followed by roast chicken with gravy.
2. Steamed brocolli, asparagus & baby corn with grilled beef in mushroom & pepper sauce
3. Grilled salmon with mushy peas & mashed potato

Hmmm...
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:MCL, don't know haven't been there yet. I'm a huge seafood fan.

Raidah, right on asparagus is amazing. Love broccoli and cauliflour cheese - yum yum

sometimes I have steamed fish dory with brokkoli, carrots and cauliflour topped with melted cheese. very nice, healthy and fills the stomach too
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 06, 2009
Is someone going to invite me for lunch?!?!?!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
Just had tuna with broccoli! yummmyy!

Bora u didn't have lunch yet?! go order sth good woman! :D ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 06, 2009
melika969 wrote:Just had tuna with broccoli! yummmyy!

Actually have been taking Acai berry caplets. Lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Stayed at the hotel and put back 5, but holding steady!! Been indulging myself lately. Just had two slices of cheese and a cookie (homemade, yum yum). To be followed with a cuppa java. Like now................
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
melika969 wrote:Just had tuna with broccoli! yummmyy!

Actually have been taking Acai berry caplets. Lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Stayed at the hotel and put back 5, but holding steady!! Been indulging myself lately. Just had two slices of cheese and a cookie (homemade, yum yum). To be followed with a cuppa java. Like now................

20 pounds in just 2 weeks?! congrats! that's great!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 06, 2009
That can't be healthy Bores ? Such rapid weight loss !
But who gives a shyte. What caplets and from where ?
desertdudeshj

Oct 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Actually have been taking Acai berry caplets. Lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Stayed at the hotel and put back 5, but holding steady!! Been indulging myself lately. Just had two slices of cheese and a cookie (homemade, yum yum). To be followed with a cuppa java. Like now................

:shock: :shock: :shock:
A lot of Russian tourists told me that it's difficalt to find not only any single atractive woman but even one with slender figure on the streets of NYC.
I am still not sure whether it's true or urban legen. :?:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 06, 2009
Nahh, Russians just like there women with more facial hair than can be found on the streets of NY :D
desertdudeshj

Oct 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:That can't be healthy Bores ? Such rapid weight loss !
But who gives a shyte. What caplets and from where ?

I didn't get on the scale for the first week. No much change in what I ate, just smaller portions - but I tend to eat healthy in any event. And no exercise!!!

Got them at Life Pharmacy - they were having a sale - buy 2 get 1 free. There is also a detox liquid. Read where it tastes just like grape juice. Google it and you will find that it does have alot of other benefits. I had absolutely no side effects, like you get from diet pills which are loaded with caffeine. If nothing else, it's good for detox.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Actually have been taking Acai berry caplets. Lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Stayed at the hotel and put back 5, but holding steady!! Been indulging myself lately. Just had two slices of cheese and a cookie (homemade, yum yum). To be followed with a cuppa java. Like now................

:shock: :shock: :shock:
A lot of Russian tourists told me that it's difficalt to find not only any single atractive woman but even one with slender figure on the streets of NYC.
I am still not sure whether it's true or urban legen. :?:

Your friends must have been walking through Little Odessa in Brooklyn. :wink: Obesity is a life style with the Russian women there and I suspect anywhere you find farmers.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
You took it personal again and is getting defensive. I didn't ask you from what weight you lose 9Kg but I have some intuition that it wasn't 50Kg. :wink:

Anyway internationaly acknowledged that obesity is rather forte of Big Mac nation than Russians. 8)

I doubt that tourists, regardless of their nationality, visit such backwater like Brooklyn or Bronx. They are both very far from tourist routes.

P.S. You will laugh but Odessa (big one) isn't in Russia. In SU era there was distinctive dialect of Russian language in Odessa - its inhabitance used mostly Russian vocabulary but mixed Russian and Yidish grammer.
It was infinite source of jokes that always started from the same frase "As it would be spoken in Odessa...".
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 07, 2009
BB, excercise is an absolute must in any healthy weight loss program. You can start off by short walks, and build up from there. Anything for a beautiful figure...
zonker
BANNED

Oct 07, 2009
zonker wrote:BB, excercise is an absolute must in any healthy weight loss program. You can start off by short walks, and build up from there. Anything for a beautiful figure...

I know exercise is a must!!! But I'm the poster girl for "Lazy"!!! I'm at the weight I should be but a bit lighter isn't such a bad thing is it?

You see, I think about exercising as I know it serves more purposes than weight loss, but by the time I finish thinking about it I'm exhausted!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 07, 2009
Red Chief wrote:You took it personal again and is getting defensive. I didn't ask you from what weight you lose 9Kg but I have some intuition that it wasn't 50Kg. :wink:

Anyway internationaly acknowledged that obesity is rather forte of Big Mac nation than Russians. 8)

I doubt that tourists, regardless of their nationality, visit such backwater like Brooklyn or Bronx. They are both very far from tourist routes.

P.S. You will laugh but Odessa (big one) isn't in Russia. In SU era there was distinctive dialect of Russian language in Odessa - its inhabitance used mostly Russian vocabulary but mixed Russian and Yidish grammer.
It was infinite source of jokes that always started from the same frase "As it would be spoken in Odessa...".

Chief, you take things too seriously. I was sent some photos, but can't get them to show here. They are Russian models wearing saris - equally beautiful. Oh well, you are just going to have to imagine it the beauty. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 07, 2009
Thanks a lot but I'd rather see your beauty, better without sari and swimming suit. :oops: I think this foto is much easier to find. :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 07, 2009
Ya cant beat a fat lass as they do tend to try harder
busa
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat