What Did You Do Today To Make You Feel Proud?

Topic locked
What did you do today to make you feel proud? Oct 05, 2011
JR Martinez gets longest standing ovation ever on Dancing with the Stars as poignant tribute to war heroes reduces judges to tears

Everyone has a story, and tonight the Dancing with the Stars hopefuls got the chance to reveal their most memorable year through music and movement.

And there wasn't a dry eye in the house when Iraq war veteran J.R. Martinez revealed that his most memorable year was when he was seriously wounded and scarred.
Since the first week of the competition, Martinez has proved himself one of the ones to watch with strong performances and a natural flair for fluid movement - and his heart-wrenching routine tonight only cemented this, with only Len adding a note of criticism about J.R's use of his arms.

The audience felt differently and joined in a standing ovation that lasted longer than any previously. Martinez had danced to Tim McGraw's If You're Reading This, which tells the story of wives reading letters notifying them that their loved ones are never to come home.

Respect to the war veteran.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... tears.html

What did you do today to make you feel proud?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What did you do today to make you feel proud? Oct 05, 2011
I found a home for a cat that would have ended up in the street!!!

A few days ago I took in an absolutely beautiful Persian cat that a family no longer wanted. He's 8 months old and I call him "Handsome". Apparently since he's becoming a big boy - he's 8 months old - and no longer a kitten, the novelty as worn off. :cry:

He's going to a home where there is another Persian cat and will have all the love and care he so well deserves. He's an absolute sweetie!!! :) My cat didn't take to kindly to her territory being invaded!!!

I don't know if it makes me feel proud, but it sure does make me feel good that I found him a loving home. :D Probably more of a good deed than anything else.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Not necessarily today, but a few things I'm really proud of, like rescuing animals from cruel situations and finding them loving homes. I used to make sensory toys for special needs children and it was always amazing to see them respond and light up at something you'd made by hand for them.

Probably the thing I'm most proud of is starting the ball rolling to help get a young girl here in the UAE a life saving kidney transplant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I found Jacobs Creek at £5.99 per bottle in a filling station in Kendal, Cumbria and I only purchased one bottle!

Now that's what I call restraint.

That made me feel dead proud :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What Did You Do Today To Make You Feel Proud? Oct 05, 2011
Well, it has been raining today, and I was up early.
I was entering a building and noticed this elderly couple that I passed on the way, so I held the door for them and waited about 30 seconds for them to arrive, with some impatience I have to admit at their slow progress. When they arrived, the man turned to me and said "You are Zonker, aren't you?" He was smiling, and so was his wife. He then told me how I had helped him, about 6 months earlier, and how pleased he was! He shook my hand, and thanked me profusely, as did his wife!
I wouldn't say I was proud, rather humbled.
But I have been on some sort of a "High" so far.
I am waiting for something to happen to spoil it all, and bring me back to earth with a bump.
This will not be the first time! :D
zonker
BANNED

My little budgie teehee that I have had for five years broke one of it's legs today.

As the vet said thhere is no option but to put it to sleep, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I got two matches from the box and made a tiny splint.

You should have seen the budgies face light up when it tried to walk.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Sitting thinking - nice one, but also waiting for a cruel punchine ....

Anyways, hope the budgie makes it !

-- Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 pm --

Suddenly got it - PMSL
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:Sitting thinking - nice one, but also waiting for a cruel punchine ....

Anyways, hope the budgie makes it !

-- Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 pm --

Suddenly got it - PMSL

It's face lit up when it tried to walk...............matches as a leg splint

Subtle Viking.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: What did you do today to make you feel proud? Oct 06, 2011
Not had a bevie for 7 whole days, feeling very proud of myself.

Ok the fact that i am stuck on a platform maybe helping matters.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Did You Do Today To Make You Feel Proud? Oct 06, 2011
i turned up for work on time??
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Did You Do Today To Make You Feel Proud? Oct 06, 2011
general_A wrote:i turned up for work on time??

:hello1:
:D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: What did you do today to make you feel proud? Oct 07, 2011
woke up friday morning with no hang over :) :D
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat