So What Did You?...

Topic locked
So what did you?... Sep 18, 2011
Do this past summer...(northern hemisphere summer that is)?

I used to hate that question first day back in school.

But I do enjoy hearing what others do i the summer...

So what did tpyou do...or not do?

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: So what did you?... Sep 18, 2011
Haven't had a break, work and going about life as per usual. People don't disappear for the months on end like they used to.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Haven't had a break, work and going about life as per usual. People don't disappear for the months on end like they used to.

I just worked the season...my work is seasonal (but does not involve picking fruit or vegetables :P )
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: So What Did You?... Sep 18, 2011
Travelling around, spent few days for cultural experience in Turkey and then had a Eurotrip around Germanic-speaking countries during Eid holidays. - - Now back to work, until next November, planning to go to Japan.

Great deals on Etihad airways, the business fare costs 8700 AE to Tokyo!
symmetric
BANNED

Travelled Southern hemisphere to
Northern hemisphere and almost every country in between.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

USA / UK / UAE / Ghana
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: So What Did You?... Sep 19, 2011
Dubai, Dubai, Dubai then Vancouver and back to Dubai. I hope to get another trip to Dubai in before the year end :D

symmetric wrote:Travelling around, spent few days for cultural experience in Turkey

I fear you wasted your money sweetie! It would have gone straight over your head :P

My dog is more cultured than you and he licks his own bollocks.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: So What Did You?... Sep 20, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:My dog is more cultured than you and he licks his own bollocks.

We'd all like to be able to do that BM!
Why else do you think Mr Emirati talks to you?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: So what did you?... Sep 20, 2011
Worked all summer and enjoyed the british summertime, but ended it with an August bank holiday weekend in Dubai.

I take my holidays during the winter when I can get away from the COLD
marsatmach
Dubai Expat Wannabe

marsatmach wrote:I take my holidays during the winter when I can get away from the COLD

In this part of the worldm, we take our holidays on summers to get away from the HEAT ;)
symmetric
BANNED

Re: So What Did You?... Sep 20, 2011
benwj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:My dog is more cultured than you and he licks his own bollocks.

We'd all like to be able to do that BM!
Why else do you think Mr Emirati talks to you?

As long as I'm not expected to do it ben.
Bethsmum

Been up to no good I am afraid. Its time to settle down in suburbia with a 9-5 job IMO.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: So what did you?... Sep 21, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:Been up to no good I am afraid. Its time to settle down in suburbia with a 9-5 job IMO.

Ok at least someone had a good summer...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Flying Dutchman wrote:Been up to no good I am afraid. Its time to settle down in suburbia with a 9-5 job IMO.

Are you a mercenary FD? or a spy? I hope you don't leave us when you decide to settle down!
Bethsmum

home country vaca, and then back here. thankfully the heat is starting to get low. :mrgreen:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

xero_ wrote:home country vaca, and then back here. thankfully the heat is starting to get low. :mrgreen:

where's home xero? somewhere cooler than Dubai?
Bethsmum

Ambassador wrote:Ok at least someone had a good summer...

Yeah was a very good time and very educational. But it had to end. Got caught up in some unconventional subcultures. Was very interesting though.

Bethsmum wrote:Are you a mercenary FD? or a spy? I hope you don't leave us when you decide to settle down!

Neither, but I do work alone and in general go with the highest bidder. Anyways was in London last weekend to visit a couple. Somehow we ended up at Stringfellows. I took out some money there, all good. Only after I realized heaven money doesn't pay cabs (the cabbies face was priceless when I offered him heaven money), or anything else outside the club. Ah well, you shouldn't complain if you go to the lion's den and get eaten.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: So What Did You?... Sep 22, 2011
Enjoyed the summer heat of Dubai :P then spent a couple of weeks in Jordan during Eid holidays and it was AMAZING!!!
idawood
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: So what did you?... Sep 22, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:Neither, but I do work alone and in general go with the highest bidder. Anyways was in London last weekend to visit a couple. Somehow we ended up at Stringfellows. I took out some money there, all good. Only after I realized heaven money doesn't pay cabs (the cabbies face was priceless when I offered him heaven money), or anything else outside the club. Ah well, you shouldn't complain if you go to the lion's den and get eaten.

Not a gigolo? :shock:

What's heaven money FD? I think I need to get out more as I've never heard this expression before!

Did you get a lap dance FD? I hear the girls have a unique way of accepting credit cards :D
I see you made time for Stringfellows but did you make time for a Premiership Football match?

I'm off to London next week myself, for work purposes. I'm staying in the Kensington/Chelses area. I like to spend time people watching in the pubs. I get myself a large glass of wine and sit somewhere and just watch people come and go. Fasinating.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:What's heaven money FD? I think I need to get out more as I've never heard this expression before!

Heaven money is what you pay the dancers and is specific for Stringfellows. It looks very much like real money, but has a Stringfellows mark on it. After some research it appears dancers are only allowed to accept heaven money and not real money (although it is known that dancers do accept real money when nobody is watching). After their shift dancers have to change their heaven money for real money. Here is the catch. Stringfellows takes a house fee off, so what the dancers get for heaven money is less in real money. Bottom line is that dancers pay a house fee to work at Stringfellows.

Bethsmum wrote:Did you get a lap dance FD?

Twice. The first one was choosen by the female of the couple I was out with. I didn't like her so much, but I think the female friend did. The seond one was better. I forgot her name though.

Bethsmum wrote:I see you made time for Stringfellows but did you make time for a Premiership Football match?

Lol. It did cross my mind, but I was the only foottie fan of the three.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well I never! You learn something new everyday. heaven money! LOL

You certainly see life FD :D
Bethsmum

Re: So What Did You?... Sep 22, 2011
Well I just got back from vacation, but there seems to be a couple of DFers who have expressed their dislike :shock: at having to read about other peeps holiday (but don't mind flooding the forum with their own holiday experiences, :roll:) so maybe I should refrain from going into any detail. :drunken:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: So what did you?... Sep 23, 2011
Photography, my hobby.

Pic is too big. http://i56.tinypic.com/npq4w3.jpg
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nice photos but cant figure out te 4th picture from bottom ( bird on rock). Is it one bird or more than one?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Thanks :) Two birds. One is trying spread its wing for sunbathing but accidently hits the face of another bird standing near.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:Thanks :) Two birds. One is trying spread its wing for sunbathing but accidently hits the face of another bird standing near.

Do you think you make be able to capture the satelite that will come crashing to earth tonight with your fast shutter?

Oh and thanks for sharing, very nice photos!

-- Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:53 am --

Bora Bora wrote:Well I just got back from vacation, but there seems to be a couple of DFers who have expressed their dislike :shock: at having to read about other peeps holiday (but don't mind flooding the forum with their own holiday experiences, :roll:) so maybe I should refrain from going into any detail. :drunken:

Post post post! I want to hear how many pairs of shoes you bought!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Nucleus wrote:Thanks :) Two birds. One is trying spread its wing for sunbathing but accidently hits the face of another bird standing near.

Do you think you make be able to capture the satelite that will come crashing to earth tonight with your fast shutter?

Oh and thanks for sharing, very nice photos!

Your welcome, and thanks. Well, I can try. 8)
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: So what did you?... Sep 24, 2011
Ambassador wrote:Nice photos but cant figure out te 4th picture from bottom ( bird on rock). Is it one bird or more than one?

Thanks. Now i see it. Keep the photos coming...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: So what did you?... Sep 26, 2011
Nucleus wrote:Photography, my hobby.

Thanks a lot for sharing. I like this pic the most.
I got a couple of good photos to share, will upload them later on ;)
symmetric
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat