What Are People Watching?

Topic locked
What are people watching? May 23, 2009
I don't have cable so I rely on bittorrent exclusively for my TV entertainment.

Currently I'm watching:
  • The Wire: Kick ass America cop show. Nice and gritty.
  • Flight of the Conchords: Funny as hell
  • Tim and Eric's awesome show great job: Weird but funny. Think Tom Green style.
  • Survivorman: One dude with a camera by himself out in the wilderness. Awesome stuff.
  • Underbelly: Aussie gangster show about the kingpins back in the 90's. Really well done show.

So, what is everyone else watching? I need some new shows to download?

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Re: What are people watching? May 23, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I don't have cable so I rely on bittorrent exclusively for my TV entertainment.

Currently I'm watching:
  • The Wire: Kick a#s America cop show. Nice and gritty.
  • Tim and Eric's awesome show great job: Weird but funny. Think Tom Green style.
  • Survivorman: One dude with a camera by himself out in the wilderness. Awesome stuff.
  • Underbelly: Aussie gangster show about the kingpins back in the 90's. Really well done show.

Why don’t you have Cable Captain??

If you live in Dubai Marina, I think you can get 130 channels from DU (includes several English ones) for only AED 30 a month. A lot easier than all that downloading!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:I don't have cable so I rely on bittorrent exclusively for my TV entertainment.

Currently I'm watching:

If you live in Dubai Marina, I think you can get 130 channels from DU (includes several English ones) for only AED 30 a month. A lot easier than all that downloading!!

8) 8)

My building is an 'old' building apparently so I'm on Etisalat. But I'm a net junky, and when I see a show I like I want to watch the whole season. :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Captain Australia wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Currently I'm watching:

8) 8)

My building is an 'old' building apparently so I'm on Etisalat. But I'm a net junky, and when I see a show I like I want to watch the whole season. :-)
While downing beers I guess :wink:
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

PointGiven wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Currently I'm watching:

8) 8)

And when I drink a beer I like I want to drink the whole carton. :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Captain Australia wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Currently I'm watching:

8) 8)

I am sure you guys have some good one in Australia. I am a fan of the Sierra Nevada (Pale Ale). Downed so many while watching the Sopranos and the Shield way back (I mean would rent the whole season and watch it in one day). That's how they do it around 15th & M :wink:
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 23, 2009
I have hot bird!!.the setelite has more then 400 channle's... so it's kind a cool or somtime disturbe's Becouse i can't make choice........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Captain Australia wrote:So, what is everyone else watching? I need some new shows to download?

Not necessarily new but I've downloaded:

- 43 gigs of Friends (all 10 seasons)
- Arrested Development (all 3 seasons)
- Heroes (all 3 seasons)
- Pickup Artist (all 2 seasons)
- Smallville (all 8 seasons)
- Shaun The Sheep (all 2 seasons)
- and loads of cinema movies

will download (if available): My Name Is Earl and others.

too busy with downloading and don't have time to watch them all :D
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2009
Damages with Glenn Close - Watched season 1 which I loved. Just got season 2.
Weeds. Great!!!!
Brothers and Sisters.
30 Rock (haven't watched but have the first 2 (or is it 3?) seasons
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 23, 2009
Don’t care much for those TV series shows, like HEROS, Friends, Desperate Housewives....etc. They get to be too boring after a while.

The producers and writers have to come up with enough episodes for the season, which forces them to stretch out the stories with lots of ridiculous fillers.

To be truthful, I really don’t have much time to watch TV, except for the news and a good movie or a documentary every now and then, time permitting.

What I usually do is record the stuff I want to see (including US network news overnight, 60 Minutes, 20/20..etc) and watch them (selectively) when I come home.

When I can, I also love to watch live important sports events, European soccer, US football, etc..

That’s about it!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:Don’t care much for those TV series shows, like HEROS, Friends, Desperate Housewives....etc. They get to be too boring after a while.

The producers and writers have to come up with enough episodes for the season, which forces them to stretch out the stories with lots of ridiculous fillers.

To be truthful, I really don’t have much time to watch TV, except for the news and a good movie or a documentary every now and then, time permitting.

What I usually do is record the stuff I want to see (including US network news overnight, 60 Minutes, 20/20..etc) and watch them (selectively) when I come home.

When I can, I also love to watch live important sports events, European soccer, US football, etc..

That’s about it!

8) 8)

If you're into non tv series stuff (talks and docos), you can't go past the Ted Talks. Some absolutely brilliant stuff there.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 23, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:If you're into non tv series stuff (talks and docos), you can't go past the Ted Talks. Some absolutely brilliant stuff there.

I agree. One that fascinates me is how to use Wii remote into a digital whiteboard, touchscreen, and headmounted 3D viewer. This kind of invention is brilliant, that doesn't need big money, but instead using existing stuffs.

I too watch football and Discovery documentaries (like Overhaulin, travels, etc). Though I haven't interested enough to download the full series (if available).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2009
xty wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:If you're into non tv series stuff (talks and docos), you can't go past the Ted Talks. Some absolutely brilliant stuff there.

I agree. One that fascinates me is how to use Wii remote into a digital whiteboard, touchscreen, and headmounted 3D viewer. This kind of invention is brilliant, that doesn't need big money, but instead using existing stuffs.

I too watch football and Discovery documentaries (like Overhaulin, travels, etc). Though I haven't interested enough to download the full series (if available).

That dude is awesome. "Here is how to make a $10,000 digital whiteboard for $50 using my free software and a wii remote".

People like that will change the world.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 23, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:Don’t care much for those TV series shows, like HEROS, Friends, Desperate Housewives....etc. They get to be too boring after a while.

That’s about it!

8) 8)

If you're into non tv series stuff (talks and docos), you can't go past the Ted Talks. Some absolutely brilliant stuff there.

That’s an awesome site Captain.

Never seen it before. It shows I don’t get around much…not even on the Net. LOOOL..!

Just been browsing some of the material on the site, and will definitely be going back there …..a lot.

As you might expect, it went on My Favorite List right away.

Thanks a lot mate!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2009
No worries. I only found that site about a year ago. Then for a few days I was sick and could barely leave the bed. I watched pretty much all of those shows. To use a cliche' I laughed and I cried.

Favs are the lady who had a stroke and talks about her experiences, and the guy who got (he didn't really) Pluto banned as a planet. But I think some of the industrial design ones are the ones that stick with me the most.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 23, 2009
I couldn't care less bout sitcoms. Tv for me is Sport, News, Stocks, Talk Shows and Nat Geo + Discovery

These days I'm fascinated with a Nat Geo Documentary called LockDown - Inside America's Prisons.

Talkshows- Currently there's this show called Doctors...Awesome stuff

And all the shows mentioned by CA, except Underbelly. But will be downloading that as well. Thanx CA !
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2009
Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, and David Letterman shows have always been my favorite talk shows. The successors (Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon) can't match them!
Mythbusters & Brainiac are interesting documentaries too.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: What are people watching? May 24, 2009
PointGiven wrote:

I am sure you guys have some good one in Australia. I am a fan of the Sierra Nevada (Pale Ale). Downed so many while watching the Sopranos and the Shield way back (I mean would rent the whole season and watch it in one day). That's how they do it around 15th & M :wink:[/quote]

Really????????? Are you able to get that in Dubai? That is my favorite beer too. They make it in Chico, not too far from my home town.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

May 24, 2009
I'm just watching the NBA conference finals right now. Lebron James and company were down by 2 points last night with one second left when Lebron got the ball and made a 3 point shot to win the game. Absolutely incredible. Kobe and the Lakers won tonight and they are up 2-1 in the series.
Other than that I'm a Seinfeld junkie. I love that show. I have watched each episode atleast 15 times or more and they are just as funny every time I watch.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

May 24, 2009
tv shows? i dont watch any except for naruto, bleach, and southpark. movies though i rely on my trusty rapidshare.

here are some:
fast and furious 3
fireball
panic room
terminator salvation - watched at cinema, this movie kicks arse
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

May 24, 2009
anime
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 25, 2009
I just watched Susan Boyle hitting all the right notes again!!

What a remarkable, sweet, gracious lady she is. You have to love her and wish nothing but the best for her.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 26, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I just watched Susan Boyle hitting all the right notes again!!

What a remarkable, sweet, gracious lady she is. You have to love her and wish nothing but the best for her.

I heard she’s competing in the finals of “Britain’s Got Talent” to be aired this Saturday.

BB, do know which channels carry that show? I have Orbit and Showtime (waste of money…don’t watch them much)…plus the usual free channels.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 26, 2009
Thanks for some suggestions.

Downloading 30 rock ATM.

Plus I went back and watched a whole bunch more TED shows. God they are brilliant.

And... as much as I hate to admit it... I watched BB's BGT link, then followed that to American Idol and spend a few hours watching all the contestants on both shows.

Damn you YouTube, I had stuff to do.

PS: Man is it hard to find live shows of American Idol. The copywrite police must be all over it. 95% of the links are 'studio' recordings with no video.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 27, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I just watched Susan Boyle hitting all the right notes again!!

I heard she’s competing in the finals of “Britain’s Got Talent” to be aired this Saturday.

BB, do know which channels carry that show? I have Orbit and Showtime (waste of money…don’t watch them much)…plus the usual free channels.

8) 8)

I don't think Orbit or Showtime carries it. Get what I can from Youtube.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat