Western Fashions---what Do Expats And Dubaians Wear?

Topic locked
Western Fashions---what do expats and Dubaians wear? Dec 13, 2005
What are some of the popular fashions and brands...and how do you personally dress? :D

L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
There are so many fashion victims in this place it's not true. For many people here if it's got a label they'll wear it. Many are knock off's though bought in Karama where the majority of stuff is fake.

Personally I'm not a label person, I don't like paying over the odds for a piece of clothing just because it's got a brand on it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
dubaians wear something called Dishdasha which provides good air circulation to the body, keeping internal parts cool. I wore one of em when I was there, was a cool shit. In terms of labels, Dubai is still lagging behind in terms of fashion.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
thats great
because i dont wear lables either. I am seeing I will fit in just fine. :D The reason I ask is because I DO love fashion, however I just dont personally ever feel confortable in a lot of the clothes..im a stay at home mom so where am I gonna wear any of it right now, right? I saw a Middle Eastern Women on Oprah talkin about how posh and luxorious they have it. I cant remember exactly where she was from though.

Thanks
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
L_pevensie wrote:thats great
because i dont wear lables either. I am seeing I will fit in just fine. :D The reason I ask is because I DO love fashion, however I just dont personally ever feel confortable in a lot of the clothes..im a stay at home mom so where am I gonna wear any of it right now, right? I saw a Middle Eastern Women on Oprah talkin about how posh and luxorious they have it. I cant remember exactly where she was from though.

Thanks

well it seems u dont know much about dubai. It's another multicultural city nice to be around. I bet you are going to love the place. Hope u enjoy ur stay there. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
L_pevensie wrote:thats great

Thanks

well it seems u dont know much about dubai. It's another multicultural city nice to be around. I bet you are going to love the place. Hope u enjoy ur stay there. :D

Tis why I am here, to learn about Dubai...
Thank you, I kno I will love it for many reasons.
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat