Watch The Olympic Games In English Where?

Topic locked
Watch the olympic games in English where? Aug 09, 2008
Hi

I am trying to tune into the olympic games, but all I found so far on my TV was Jazeera Sports which broadcasts in Arabic.

I have the showtime family package, is there a channel I can watch the games in English?

Thanks

Ben

bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 09, 2008
No idea, you probably have to subscribe to the English version.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 09, 2008
Olympics are shown for free on Dubai Sports Channels 1 and 2. No 2 is in English.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 09, 2008
K-Dog wrote:Olympics are shown for free on Dubai Sports Channels 1 and 2. No 2 is in English.

I have only one Dubai Sports channel and its in Arabic. I went to DU's website to check, and there isnt a dubai sports 2 channel in any of their packages.

How is that possible? How can you get Dubai Sports 2?

Thanks

Ben
bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 10, 2008
Ben -
We gave up and just ignored the arabic.

What did you think ?

I thought the whole thing was excellent. Lots of history, pagentry, spectacular effects - both human and electronic - and some real "wow" factor !

I particularly liked the bit where the chinky basketball player - I forget his name - walked along side a 6yo boy that had been pulled out of the rubble in Chengdu, after the earthquake. Nice touch.

Fingers crossed that it'll be trouble-free and a Games worth the $40B !!!
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 10, 2008
g00se wrote:Ben -
We gave up and just ignored the arabic.

What did you think ?

I thought the whole thing was excellent. Lots of history, pagentry, spectacular effects - both human and electronic - and some real "wow" factor !

I particularly liked the bit where the chinky basketball player - I forget his name - walked along side a 6yo boy that had been pulled out of the rubble in Chengdu, after the earthquake. Nice touch.

Fingers crossed that it'll be trouble-free and a Games worth the $40B !!!

I assume you are talking about the opening ceremony. That we watched on Jezeera Live. It had English sound (original) with Arabic voice-over, which if you worked hard at, you could ignore and listen to the English. And sometimes when the translator (I guess) got tired, he just switched off his MIC, and turned up the English. That was nice.

However, I was more referring to the games which I want to watch daily. I was watching Dubai Sport this morning in Arabic, for the Swimming. It was okay, would still prefer the English comments but this is as good as it gets I guess.

Anyhow, the games go on, no matter in what language it gets fed to you...

Cheers

Ben
bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 10, 2008
Ben,
Dubai Sports Channel 2 is available for free on Nilesat. Where do you live? If you live in a building check with them if they have a central dish.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 10, 2008
K-Dog wrote:Ben,
Dubai Sports Channel 2 is available for free on Nilesat. Where do you live? If you live in a building check with them if they have a central dish.

I live in the Greens, and have DU cable. I dont know if we have any dish at all.

When I landed, I asked how can I get TV services, and all people around me said, Go to Etisalat or DU. Since Greens is a DU area, I went there and ordered a fairly expensive package making sure I was able to watch the "then playing" EURO 2008. And now I am stuck without English commented Olympic programme :(

Ben
bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 10, 2008
I'm pretty sure buildings in Greens have centralised satellite system. In that case all you need is a decoder to get any free channels
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat