I Was Wondering...

Topic locked
I was wondering... Mar 03, 2008
Typically, I wander but today I was wondering. Over the past 2 days I have posted a few thoughtful, informative, brilliant posts (of course) and came accross this cat "reviewer". I had never heard of him/her or noticed him/her but looked and noted that this cat has over 1000 posts.

How does one get 1000 posts without being noticed? All I can think is that this reviewer character must be a regular at "Lames Forum" (a.k.a Games Forum) or reviEwer = Sage & Onion.

Help me out as it looks like I'm missing something...

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
I am working my way up to 1000 posts as it is appears you cannot get any respect in this forum until you have significant number.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
S&O was embarrassed that he has 11000 posts in a forum where that is twice as much as longer users and wanted to even things out
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
scarlet wrote:S&O was embarrassed that he has 11000 posts in a forum where that is twice as much as longer users and wanted to even things out

I think you meant delighted!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
scarlet wrote:S&O was embarrassed that he has 11000 posts in a forum where that is twice as much as longer users and wanted to even things out

When did we discuss this Scarlet?, I for one have never been interested in the amount of posts other than the bonus that it pays :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 03, 2008
lol 11116 posts man sage how do you find so much time??? but then i guess 90% of your posts are in the games forum :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:I am working my way up to 1000 posts as it is appears you cannot get any respect in this forum until you have significant number.

Or until you post something worthwhile. As said before, there's always the baptism of fire for newbies.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:
Sheikhmo wrote:I am working my way up to 1000 posts as it is appears you cannot get any respect in this forum until you have significant number.

Or until you post something worthwhile. As said before, there's always the baptism of fire for newbies.

and why is that I wonder....is it a bad thing to be nice to newbies or something...I can't see what the point is in testing new people...testing them for what...what 'special' qualities does a DF poster need to have...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Not you Mrs R, ebcause all your posts have been very nice. I'm talking about abnoxious newbies who waltz in and start sounding off like they own the place, without being constructive.

You have no worries. :D And I'm sorry for the silly guys round here who have given you a bad time, they will be punished shortly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
:lol:
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Not you Mrs R, ebcause all your posts have been very nice. I'm talking about abnoxious newbies who waltz in and start sounding off like they own the place, without being constructive.

You have no worries. :D And I'm sorry for the silly guys round here who have given you a bad time, they will be punished shortly.

don't worry...I have dealt with them all myself...remember I am an experienced woman...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Nobody dealt with me!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Hmmmm, you 'can' be dealt with then if you like. haha
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
By all means :wink:
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
MC wrote:Nobody dealt with me!

that's cause he haven't posted anything worthwhile...just read that in the rules...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

and why is that I wonder....is it a bad thing to be nice to newbies or something...I can't see what the point is in testing new people...testing them for what...what 'special' qualities does a DF poster need to have...

Testing them whether you'll crack when winded up or trolled over and whether you'll be grateful after being tested and toe their line of opinion. You're right there's no point in "testing" them, more often than not they're are turned off by it.

Special qualities none is needed just stand up to what you believe in and live and let live.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
sage & onion wrote:

When did we discuss this Scarlet?, I for one have never been interested in the amount of posts other than the bonus that it pays :lol:

:) Its been long.. Sagey.. where r u these days?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2008
reviewer wrote:
mrs Robinson wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Testing them whether you'll crack when winded up or trolled over and whether you'll be grateful after being tested and toe their line of opinion. You're right there's no point in "testing" them, more often than not they're are turned off by it.

Special qualities none is needed just stand up to what you believe in and live and let live.

checking how seriously(not) noobs take DF, Reminding that its a tough world outside there... educating noobs to live in a competitive dirty world filled with Dirty Arrogant Bullies..etc.. Some of us take turn to play the role of the DAB with the pain of educating people and giving quality to the society.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
reviewer wrote:
mrs Robinson wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

checking how seriously(not) noobs take DF, Reminding that its a tough world outside there... educating noobs to live in a competitive dirty world filled with Dirty Arrogant Bullies..etc.. Some of us take turn to play the role of the DAB with the pain of educating people and giving quality to the society.

DF Boot camp...survival of the fittest.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
DF boot camp

For that ..our special squad members are organizing
Touch football ( Touch -- only for the name sake, if u ever come to one .. u better keep a photoID handy..will help you identify who u are after the game)

Paint balling ( shoot at sight order, some members've special skills in shooting noobs at where it hurts the most),

Rock climbing( we give special prices to who ever pulls down/kicks down a noob from rocks/walls etc),

Golf, only for those who cant run or walk .. or say.. DF OLDIES noobs..we've kept our best for u..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

:) Its been long.. Sagey.. where r u these days?

Doing OK m8, working hard as usual. How are you doing?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat