Update On The British Couple Jailed For Kissing!!!

Topic locked
Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 16, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:DFNN reports that border skirmishes between Bora land and chocville have started again after a peace accord was signed in samosa land after the great war of 09. Currently no casualties have been reported, but there are reports of heavy artillery exchanges between the two.

DF spy satelitte imagery also shows that there is a heavy build of forces on both sides of the border and that the samosa land peace accord could go the way of the dodo very soon.

The current wave of skirmishes started when chocville started showing signs of aggresion towards the banana republic of Melistan and Boraland stepped in and fired a warning volley across the bow one of chocville's frigate in Melistani waters.

:D

LOL. At least I'm making my contribution by bringing some humor back into DF. Admit it - it was getting very boring!!!! It seems to have raised your humor level a bit. :lol: :lol:

Statement by Boraland:

It was deemed necessary to pull out the artillary and dust it off when Chocville started passing judgment on a certain individual. Based on details that were provided by said Chocville, I felt she was not in a position to judge anyone. I found it necessary to point out to her that her bed bouncing didn't exactly put her on the high moral ground.

Further to this, on another subject, Chocville started to state some wrong facts, claiming them to be risk free, to other nations that could diliberately put those nations in the line of fire.

Unfortunately Chocville appears to be getting her information from the same data bank as a certain Mr Ahmad Inejad, who is known for exaggerating and embellishing facts.

That's all I have to say on this matter.

Thank you.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 17, 2010
Here is another update :D

Today at the theatres, I was watching "Date Night", it was a SUPER HILARIOUS movie I urge everyone to go watch it :mrgreen: Thats not the case though!
There was a couple sitting in front of me, apparently they were french-kissing in a very romantic way and I was like "Awww two birds in love :love3: " .. I remembered this thread in specific & then felt like yelling at them and saying "Hey Hey this is Dubai no french kissing in public" Hahahahaha :laughing3: Lucky them no 2 years old kids were around :mrgreen: !
symmetric
BANNED

Yeah lucky them ! Until someone does them in and very soon we'll have to watch movies with the lights on in the Cinema. :roll:

Keep it in your pants people !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah lucky them ! Until someone does them in and very soon we'll have to watch movies with the lights on in the Cinema. :roll:

GOD FORBIDS :shock:
No reports should be accepted regarding french-kissing in cinemas :mrgreen:
It's dark & people aren't supposed to look at each other! They're supposed to watch the movie :D
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah lucky them ! Until someone does them in and very soon we'll have to watch movies with the lights on in the Cinema. :roll:

It's dark & people aren't supposed to look at each other! They're supposed to watch the movie :D

Unless you're sitting in the back row - lol

But more annoying is the people who sit there yapping away on their mobiles.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
But more annoying is the people who sit there yapping away on their mobiles.

Tell me about it :shock:
What's even worse, when such people are done with "yapping" on their mobiles, they keep on asking their friends next to them "so what did I miss?", and then they keep on talking loudly and that's where I feel like giving them one of those "street-fighter video games" super punch & throw them out of the cinema :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:

Kissing in the movies??

Over a year ago, a couple did more than that at Ibn Battuta Cinemas. The theater was nearly empty except for me and a friend and two other couples.

There was a couple in a corner way in the back who were obviously getting too, too romantic. When the sound goes down at certain scenes in the movie, we could clearly hear their soft moans and grunts.

We didn’t pay much attention to them, and when the movie was over, they stayed behind until we all had left the theatre. I guess they were too embarrassed. They knew that we knew what they were doing!!

:) :) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

And these are the type of buggers who get caught and then make a big hue and cry ! Fools
desertdudeshj

Tom Jones wrote:Over a year ago, a couple did more than that at Ibn Battuta Cinemas. The theater was nearly empty except for me and a friend and two other couples.

There was a couple in a corner way in the back who were obviously getting too, too romantic. When the sound goes down at certain scenes in the movie, we could clearly hear their soft moans and grunts.

:) :) :)

Thats funny, would've made me chuckle XD

You know, come to think of it ..Isn't the cinema like the cheapest place to sleep :mrgreen:

There are two rates (30 AED for a regular movie) and (50 AED for 3D). ALWAYS GO for the 30 AED !! :lol:
Hint: ALWAYS go for an Indian movie, it's usually 2:50 min length/duration XD hahaha !

Don't tell me the intermission is going to bother you, no one is gonna wake u up to force watch the movie, it's not like the plane where they do that when having air turbelances :twisted:
symmetric
BANNED

I actually do that sometimes when I'm in Abu Dhabi and don't want to go back to Dubai and then come back in the evening. First time round I went into Indian movie ( 1st time in maybe 12 years ) I didn't know wheter to cry or to laugh. It was so horrible ! and supposedly it was suppose to be some kind of big blockbuster.

So from now I stick to English only. Raha Mall, out of the city and almost always empty :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:And these are the type of buggers who get caught and then make a big hue and cry ! Fools

When people get away with doing something wrong or illegal, they keep doing it until they get caught.

Never fails!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

desertdudeshj wrote:I actually do that sometimes when I'm in Abu Dhabi and don't want to go back to Dubai and then come back in the evening. First time round I went into Indian movie ( 1st time in maybe 12 years ) I didn't know wheter to cry or to laugh. It was so horrible ! and supposedly it was suppose to be some kind of big blockbuster.

So from now I stick to English only. Raha Mall, out of the city and almost always empty :D

To sleep in a movie theatre?

I couldn’t do that unless I was extremely exhausted!

It’s uncomfortable and the sound is too loud.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nahh don't sleep just kill time, specially if it is too hot to be outside
desertdudeshj

Tom Jones wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:I actually do that sometimes when I'm in Abu Dhabi and don't want to go back to Dubai and then come back in the evening. First time round I went into Indian movie ( 1st time in maybe 12 years ) I didn't know wheter to cry or to laugh. It was so horrible ! and supposedly it was suppose to be some kind of big blockbuster.

8) 8)

Take a rug with you, the AC is always too cold! I fell asleep in Farenheit 911, but then that was because it was boring and I had just worked a 36 hour shift!

8) 8) 8)

Knightzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dubai Knight

Oh like that I've slept through many movies after a full day works in the desert ! I slept thorugh Hulk ! :D The first one.
desertdudeshj

Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 18, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

8) 8)

Take a rug with you, the AC is always too cold! I fell asleep in Farenheit 911, but then that was because it was boring and I had just worked a 36 hour shift!

8) 8) 8)

Knightzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah… what is with the super cold movie theaters in the UAE -- all the time, ...summer and winter? Especially Grand Cinemas at Ibn Battuta (A Deep Freeze!!!!)

Someone once told that they needed that cold environment for their equipment but I don’t believe it.

I’ve been to many movie theatres in many parts of the world, and they are never this cold!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

This thread is drifting away from the subject slightly :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I could drag it back on track and discuss the news that Saudi is about to open its first cinema in Jeddah. Never been allowed before in case men and women get in close proximity in the dark. And we know what that can lead to...(see thread title!)

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

I'm sure it will be segerated and the mutawa with nightvision goggles keeping a close eye. Wonder what kind of movies they will play ???
desertdudeshj

Will they have the women sat at the back and men in the front, like they do on the buses? It used to be women in front and men behind, until they realized that the guys could stare at the women from behind, so they swapped it round.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Never a missed oppurtunity ot oogle !
desertdudeshj

They'll show movies which have been hacked to death, total waste of time. They need to find or bring back the 'Pirate Video/DVD Club' which er my dad and his mates used to run - hahahahaha
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 28, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:They'll show movies which have been hacked to death, total waste of time. They need to find or bring back the 'Pirate Video/DVD Club' which er my dad and his mates used to run - hahahahaha

Wow, your Dad was a pirate?
tradervics21
Dubai Forum Visitor

tradervics21 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:They'll show movies which have been hacked to death, total waste of time. They need to find or bring back the 'Pirate Video/DVD Club' which er my dad and his mates used to run - hahahahaha

Wow, your Dad was a pirate?

Got himself an offshore job in Somalia!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Shiver me timbers ! Arrrgh !
desertdudeshj

Re: Update On The British Couple Jailed For Kissing!!! Apr 28, 2010
Fock me eltar! Also Also! :D
RobbyG

Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 29, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:I could drag it back on track and discuss the news that Saudi is about to open its first cinema in Jeddah. Never been allowed before in case men and women get in close proximity in the dark. And we know what that can lead to...(see thread title!)

Knight

I wonder if they will screen Death of a Princess or The Kingdom ?

:lol:
arniegang

arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:I could drag it back on track and discuss the news that Saudi is about to open its first cinema in Jeddah. Never been allowed before in case men and women get in close proximity in the dark. And we know what that can lead to...(see thread title!)

Knight

I wonder if they will screen Death of a Princess or The Kingdom ?

:lol:

Old Films?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mickey Mouse cartoons.

But Minnie would be forced to wear hijab!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Mickey Mouse cartoons.

But Minnie would be forced to wear hijab!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Not my Minnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat