Uneven Distribution Of Mods

Topic locked
Uneven distribution of Mods Sep 10, 2006
Can I just make a comment that i think that some of the lesser "forums" need to have less Mods allocated. Some have 4 mods when the number of posts on there is minimal. More mods should be allocated to General/Romance etc.

I was looking at Auto: 4 mods, and I think Blacklist: 4 mods etc. Do these forums require so many Mods?

Can someone please looik into this.

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2006
you have a fair point Yorky

but if you notice Andy has basically left the existing Mods in place and just added the new more active ones.

Part of this is also down to a small error. I allocated the Mods in the various forums and i wanted some replaced/swopped over. Andy lost the plot a little bit, and just added on my suggestions.

In fact Auto was one of them, i asked X to replace Zooter but Andy merely added X on.

I dont see things as a major issue. General has 3 very active Mods, Smart doesnt post a lot, but he is on every day.

Hope this clarifies.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:In fact Auto was one of them, i asked X to replace Zooter but Andy merely added X on.

:shock: :shock: I was going to be replaced?!?!? :( :( :( :cry: :cry:

In all seriousness though, this has been discussed between the mods, and I'm sure something will come of it soon. Plus I don't think the Hard-Disk failure helped, as a few mod changes were made in those 2 days, which were subsequently reset! :roll: :roll: :roll:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2006
Wow Zoots,

Sorry man :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
Why do we still have some peope listed as mods when they are no longer here. My suggestion would be to get rid of Sweet Mary, Liban, Jamal, Ish etc.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 10, 2006
kanelli wrote:Why do we still have some peope listed as mods when they are no longer here. My suggestion would be to get rid of Sweet Mary, Liban, Jamal, Ish etc.

Makes a lot of sense, especially Jamal & Ish
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
Yea sorry Zoots, but as you drive a diessel you cant really be qualified as a car expert/enthusiast

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Sep 10, 2006
i agree with K and SGO

i will pm andy
arniegang

Sep 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:Yea sorry Zoots, but as you drive a diessel you cant really be qualified as a car expert/enthusiast

Hmmmppphhhh

Zooter is not happy!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:Yea sorry Zoots, but as you drive a diessel you cant really be qualified as a car expert/enthusiast

Hey now Arnie,

Correct me if I am wrong (which I probably am), wasn't that car that took the world land speed record a Diesel Driven Thingy??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
cough cough splutter, knock knock knock, smelly hands

thats a diesse

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Sep 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:cough cough splutter, knock knock knock, smelly hands

thats a diesse

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you are older than me man, they got some real rocking and rolling diesels on the road these days :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
Just to end the argument - would someone like to tell me what fuel was used by the car that won the Le Mans 24hr this year??

8) 8) 8)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2006
It was definately Diesel
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:It was definately Diesel

Well what do you know Arnie - a Diesel! Winning the Le Mans 24hr! Whatever next?? They'll be putting men into space!!
Oh, hang on, they have! Maybe you've missed the last 50 years of evolution?? :lol:

Anyway, back to the subject in hand - Mods!
I actually agree with XRW being the main mod in Auto - he's a big fan and is always in there - even when he left the forum for a while, he couldn't resist posting, so he created a new username and posted in Auto section with that!!! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:you have a fair point Yorky

but if you notice Andy has basically left the existing Mods in place and just added the new more active ones.

Part of this is also down to a small error. I allocated the Mods in the various forums and i wanted some replaced/swopped over. Andy lost the plot a little bit, and just added on my suggestions.

In fact Auto was one of them, i asked X to replace Zooter but Andy merely added X on.

I dont see things as a major issue. General has 3 very active Mods, Smart doesnt post a lot, but he is on every day.

Hope this clarifies.

It was merely an observation matey, nothing else. Thanks for clarifying that.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 11, 2006
well my sections- romance and mmm which were intially started form my suggestions has 3 mods...i dont know why choco has been assigned there when xrw and me are doing good jobs....more mods in general and politics.....why not put kanelli or shafique in politics? And dxb soul in business sections? business sections are dead and needs more life by posting some articles..sry arnie this wasnt meant to criticize u but that's what's my observation
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
I don't want to be a moderator. Been there, done that and have the flame scars :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:I don't want to be a moderator. Been there, done that and have the flame scars :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:I don't want to be a moderator. Been there, done that and have the flame scars :)

who asked u to b mod......eh wait a min........it was a typo there ......kanelli what did u do to moi? ur name is nailed in my head! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
I'm just so unforgettable Sniper :twisted:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 12, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Well what do you know Arnie - a Diesel! Winning the Le Mans 24hr! Whatever next?? They'll be putting men into space!!
Oh, hang on, they have! Maybe you've missed the last 50 years of evolution?? :lol:
:

LOL especially considering he is the only one old enough on here to remember the last 50 years :P :P :P
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 12, 2006
fayz wrote:
the_zooter wrote:Well what do you know Arnie - a Diesel! Winning the Le Mans 24hr! Whatever next?? They'll be putting men into space!!
:

LOL especially considering he is the only one old enough on here to remember the last 50 years :P :P :P

Sorry m8, not quite the only one :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat